Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Artist Album Grouping
Thanks again both for your replies.

As for the screen layout I was just wondering if the wide cover art screen could replicate the music track details like the non wide screen does.  Cover art on the left and track details on the right with the extra metadata.  It would give it a more polished look.

If it doesn't so be it.

Also now I've got the library showing artist on one side and the albums on the other (yay!), it turns out a lot of my metadata especially the release year is wrong so I'll have to update the metadata.  Fun is to be had! MP3Tag beckons!

Just one more thing....Whilst updating the metadata I am having a few problems with .dsf files not showing the album covers and metadata in the library but MP3Tag shows them all correctly.  I know that .dff files don't store metadata (i don't use them) so is this a moOde issue?  Even updating the library doesn't sort it.  Is there a chance the files are corrupt?

Again many thanks and kind regards

Jules
CCF
(02-02-2023, 01:12 AM)CityCentreFox Wrote: Thanks again both for your replies.

As for the screen layout I was just wondering if the wide cover art screen could replicate the music track details like the non wide screen does.  Cover art on the left and track details on the right with the extra metadata.  It would give it a more polished look.

If it doesn't so be it.

Also now I've got the library showing artist on one side and the albums on the other (yay!), it turns out a lot of my metadata especially the release year is wrong so I'll have to update the metadata.  Fun is to be had! MP3Tag beckons!

Just one more thing....Whilst updating the metadata I am having a few problems with .dsf files not showing the album covers and metadata in the library but MP3Tag shows them all correctly.  I know that .dff files don't store metadata (i don't use them) so is this a moOde issue?  Even updating the library doesn't sort it.  Is there a chance the files are corrupt?

Again many thanks and kind regards

Jules
CCF

A few months ago we did an improvement for extracting images from the .dsf files, so it's a bit weird it doesn't work for you; could you please upload a couple of those files somewhere, and put a link to them here, so that I can have a look at them?

The metadata should show as far as the file format is:
a) recognized by MPD (and .dsf is)
b) the file does contain an mp3v2 tag where_it_should_be_in_the_file (which, for .dsf is at the end of the file, although its address is written in the file's header)
Nutul

Thanks for your reply.

I have loaded the files into MP3Tag and the tag field shows ID3v2.3.  I have checked this against working .dsf files and they to show the tag field as ID3v2.3 also.

In the moode library is shows as Unknown AlbumArtist.  They play fine but the screen shows just the filename.dsf.  Also in the library it shows as null 01 - Filename.dsf.

This leads me to believe that the files are bad/corrupt.

When I finished updating the metadata I did a complete library regenerate and unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem.  I will probably convert them to 24/88.2 FLAC's.  Not that much difference in the sound quality if any at all.

Again many thanks and kind regards.

Jules
CCF