Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Glad to be here.
Hi all, Tucher here. I just started using moOde Audio. I do a lot of sound engineering gigs. Local bands hire me to do sound for thier gigs. I just switched from a standard digital mixing board to a Mackie DL32S. The DL is a stagebox mixer, with out a mixer set up on a table I needed another way to play music before gigs and in-between sets. Being a huge fan of the Raspberry Pi's I started looking for an audio player to run on R Pi's. After testing a few I decided I would use moOde Audio. It has a great feture set and a good comunity. Glad to be here.

Tucher
R Pi with a HIFIBerry DAC+ Light, I use this with a Mackie DL32S to play music before gigs, during band breaks and other sound engineering gigs that I do.
(02-13-2023, 11:45 AM)Tucher Wrote: Hi all, Tucher here. I just started using moOde Audio. I do a lot of sound engineering gigs. Local bands hire me to do sound for thier gigs. I just switched from a standard digital mixing board to a Mackie DL32S. The DL is a stagebox mixer, with out a mixer set up on a table I needed another way to play music before gigs and in-between sets. Being a huge fan of the Raspberry Pi's I started looking for an audio player to run on R Pi's. After testing a few I decided I would use moOde Audio. It has a great feture set and a good comunity. Glad to be here.

Tucher

Sounds great!

Welcome :-)
Do you play some song files to do an initial sound check?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
That's a neat bit of kit. I'm trying to wrap my head around not having to run a a bunch of cables or if lucky a snake back to a console somewhere (typically front-of-house in the schools where I've volunteered). Looks like their Master Fader app is pretty cool too.
(02-13-2023, 06:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Do you play some song files to do an initial sound check?

Yes, when I set my PA up in a new room or hall I like to listen to some music that I know very well. Then I can walk around and get a feel for the room. Sometimes it helps me dial in the subs or tweak the DL32S's EQ. I fell it helps me dial in the band a bit better. Of course everything changes a bit as soon as a room fills up with people.
R Pi with a HIFIBerry DAC+ Light, I use this with a Mackie DL32S to play music before gigs, during band breaks and other sound engineering gigs that I do.
(02-13-2023, 06:43 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: That's a neat bit of kit. I'm trying to wrap my head around not having to run a a bunch of cables or if lucky a snake    back to a console somewhere  (typically front-of-house in the schools where I've volunteered). Looks like their Master Fader app is pretty cool too.

I love not having to bring a stage box and have to set up a table with a mixer. If I want I can set up a small area with my DMX light desk and a laptop. Them I do all my mixing with a iPad or Android tablet.