Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Add albums to playlist
If 2 or more tracks in the playlist are from the same album it would be nice to have the album shown before the first track.
Suppose you added 6 albums but after a while got tired of the first one.  Currently you have to know the albums pretty well to be able to manually click on the first track on the next album.  A header line before each album would fix this.
If you enable the cover thumbnails of the queue you will also directly see this.
(02-18-2023, 03:01 PM)bitlab Wrote: If you enable the cover thumbnails of the queue you will also directly see this.

I'm not sure how to do that but I have no coverart.  Well, accidentally I do as I have the odd jpeg but to the extent it's possible I've disabled it everywhere I can.  Is there an option in moode somewhere to say "no cover art or images anywhere ever"?  There are some large black squares which just say moOde I'd like to get rid of of. (The one at the bottom left on the artists view is really low resolution/quality).  It would be nice to make use of some of this space to have more artists/albums - it'd make scrolling through long lists easier.

While I'm rambling, is there an reason why it wouldn't be possible to have the / key used to bring up a search box?

Finally, when moOde is doing stuff sometimes I see a white box with what looks like a pause and a play icon, and sometimes a cross.  They don't seem to do anything.  Maybe you can pause/resume some operations?
(02-18-2023, 03:10 PM)Sehnsucht Wrote: I'm not sure how to do that but I have no coverart.  Well, accidentally I do as I have the odd jpeg but to the extent it's possible I've disabled it everywhere I can.  Is there an option in moode somewhere to say "no cover art or images anywhere ever"?  There are some large black squares which just say moOde I'd like to get rid of of. (The one at the bottom left on the artists view is really low resolution/quality).

You can chose whether or not to have the album art shown in the albums pane of the TAG VIEW: "m" => Preferences => (Advanced section) Show tagview covers

and in the playback queue: "m" => Preferences => (Playback section) Queue thumbs

P.S.
The squares saying moOde is just the default album art if none is to be found.

Quote:It would be nice to make use of some of this space to have more artists/albums - it'd make scrolling through long lists easier.

This is the way the UI currently works, the TAG VIEW (the view you are mentioning here) is split in two horizontally:

TOP: may have 2 or 3 sections, depending on whether you chose to view the genres or not, anyway: (GENRES)  |  ARTISTS  |  ALBUMS
BOTTOM: has two sections: ALBUM-ART  |  album tracks

Refactoring it to suit your wish is not an easy task, involving, among other things, re-testing on many layouts, and possibly making it an option in the preferences...

Quote:While I'm rambling, is there an reason why it wouldn't be possible to have the / key used to bring up a search box?

If you need to search in the playing queue, there is a search field just top-left (this searches the play queue only); same for the TAG VIEW, just click on "Library", top-left, and use the same search field. You'll notice also an "Advanced search" option there, which offers, indeed, more complex search criteria (these last two search the whole library)

Quote:Finally, when moOde is doing stuff sometimes I see a white box with what looks like a pause and a play icon, and sometimes a cross.  They don't seem to do anything.  Maybe you can pause/resume some operations?

They are notifications; they may look like "they don't do anything", but moOde shows them to let you know what's going on, like loading the library, if it takes a long time, or notifying errors; so if you can be more specific (e.g. include the text you see in such boxes) we can be more exhaustive in our answers.
(02-18-2023, 06:31 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 03:10 PM)Sehnsucht Wrote: I'm not sure how to do that but I have no coverart.  Well, accidentally I do as I have the odd jpeg but to the extent it's possible I've disabled it everywhere I can.  Is there an option in moode somewhere to say "no cover art or images anywhere ever"?  There are some large black squares which just say moOde I'd like to get rid of of. (The one at the bottom left on the artists view is really low resolution/quality).

You can chose whether or not to have the album art shown in the albums pane of the TAG VIEW: "m" => Preferences => (Advanced section) Show tagview covers

and in the playback queue: "m" => Preferences => (Playback section) Queue thumbs

P.S.
The squares saying moOde is just the default album art if none is to be found.

Quote:It would be nice to make use of some of this space to have more artists/albums - it'd make scrolling through long lists easier.

This is the way the UI currently works, the TAG VIEW (the view you are mentioning here) is split in two horizontally:

TOP: may have 2 or 3 sections, depending on whether you chose to view the genres or not, anyway: (GENRES)  |  ARTISTS  |  ALBUMS
BOTTOM: has two sections: ALBUM-ART  |  album tracks

Refactoring it to suit your wish is not an easy task, involving, among other things, re-testing on many layouts, and possibly making it an option in the preferences...

Quote:While I'm rambling, is there an reason why it wouldn't be possible to have the / key used to bring up a search box?

If you need to search in the playing queue, there is a search field just top-left (this searches the play queue only); same for the TAG VIEW, just click on "Library", top-left, and use the same search field. You'll notice also an "Advanced search" option there, which offers, indeed, more complex search criteria (these last two search the whole library)

Quote:Finally, when moOde is doing stuff sometimes I see a white box with what looks like a pause and a play icon, and sometimes a cross.  They don't seem to do anything.  Maybe you can pause/resume some operations?

They are notifications; they may look like "they don't do anything", but moOde shows them to let you know what's going on, like loading the library, if it takes a long time, or notifying errors; so if you can be more specific (e.g. include the text you see in such boxes) we can be more exhaustive in our answers.

Maybe it's because I have no art but enabling queue thumbs or tagview covers doesn't to anything to show me the album names - I just see a little moOde box next to each track.

I've always managed to stay away from front end development but perhaps there's some way of fiddling with the CSS so rearrange divs or something or nothing.

I noticed the search - just wondering if it's possible to activate it via keyboard.  Likewise for play/pause, prev/fwd etc.  A Vim interface would be great...

Dialogs to let me know what's going on is great - I thought the icons on the dialog did something related to the action they're talking about. So, if you did update library then clicked on the pause or the x icon i thought it might pause or cancel the library update.  It seems though that pause means "keep the dialog there" and x means "remove the dialog immediately", which makes sense except I've never seen the dialog stay there for more than a second anyway (ie you have to be pretty quick to pause it).    Not complaining, just didn't know what they meant.
It's hard to justify spending time making one of the most desirable features (cover art) an option across the UI especially since most collections have cover art.

Your best bet is to use one of the tagging or cover art utilities to update your collection.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub