Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Make the little scrollbars visible
(02-18-2023, 11:18 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 09:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 09:38 PM)bitlab Wrote: @Tim Curtis the hover functionality have worked in the past, but it is broken (at least under chrome/chrome with win/chrome book and linux).

Interesting. Hover works on my end but maybe on other platforms it's related to the z-index issue.

In Chrome try doing an inspect on one of the Library quick jump indexes and uncheck the z-indez peoperty for the .alphabits class.

Hi all,

I tried in both Chrome and Firefox (on Linux) and:

- Chrome: no change in behavior; scrollbars do not grow and/or highlight
- Firefox: NOW the scrollbars become bigger upon hovering the alphabet indices; this of course renders such indices unusable.

When the hover scroll bar is active the index should not be accessible because it assumes you want to use the scroll bar instead.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
There is also this bit of CSS in media.css

Code:
/* Use custom scroll bars for devices with an attached pointing device (mouse, trackpad, etc) */
@media (any-pointer: fine) {
    .custom-scrollbars ::-webkit-scrollbar {
        width: 11px;
  }
  .custom-scrollbars ::-webkit-scrollbar-track:hover {
        -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
        border-radius: 6px;
  }
  .custom-scrollbars ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {
        border-radius: 6px;
        background-color: var(--btnshade2);
        border:2px solid rgba(0,0,0,0);
        background-clip: padding-box;
        min-height:1.5em;
  }
  .custom-scrollbars ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:active {
       background-color:var(--textvariant);
  }
  /* Firefox */
  .custom-scrollbars * {
       scrollbar-width: thin;
       scrollbar-color: auto;
  }
}
Enjoy the Music!
(02-18-2023, 11:43 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: When the hover scroll bar is active the index should not be accessible because it assumes you want to use the scroll bar instead.

you are right, or sort of: how are you going to use the indices, if upon trying the scroll bar would take over?
And remember, this is on FF. On Chrome it's different: the indices and the scroll bar are side-by-side, not overlapping.
Other than the z-index issue I experienced with Safari, Chrome works fine on my end. I'll prolly remove the z-indez property if Chrome is not affected. Also it might be worth taking a look at that pointer CSS again.

IME, "hidden until hover" scrollbars i.e overlay scrollbars have been problematic in all Browsers and IMO a big mess.
Enjoy the Music!