Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Hifi streaming
Hello

I would like to know if someday it will be possible to have a hifi streaming option directly in the Moode hifi player without using UPnP and its security flaws ?
https://www.upguard.com/blog/what-is-upnp

Quobuzz, Tidal, Deezer, or any hi rez streaming service would be great.
Volumio can do Quobuzz or Tidal, but why the Moode hifi player users are only restricted to MP3 quality with Spotify ?
More over Spotify is indefinitely delaying the release of the hifi option, it's a pity.

Jan
(03-02-2023, 07:52 PM)jan69 Wrote: Hello

I would like to know if someday it will be possible to have a hifi streaming option directly in the Moode hifi player without using UPnP and its security flaws ? Quobuzz, Tidal, Deezer, or any hi rez streaming service would be great.

Volumio can do Quobuzz or Tidal, but why the Moode hifi player users are only restricted to MP3 quality with Spotify ?
More over Spotify is indefinitely delaying the release of the hifi option, it's a pity.

Jan

Volumio only offers native TIDAL and Qobuz integration on their Premium paid tier, at 6.49 € billed monthly or 59.99 € billed annually.

This is a very old issue, both TIDAL and Qobuz revoked their API keys/tokens for free open source use a long time ago. Until they offer such a thing again, you will have to pay for native TIDAL or Qobuz integration.
Too bad ...

Any chance to have the hifi versions of Deezer, Apple Music, Amazon Music ... ?
(03-02-2023, 07:52 PM)jan69 Wrote: Hello

I would like to know if someday it will be possible to have a hifi streaming option directly in the Moode hifi player without using UPnP and its security flaws ?
https://www.upguard.com/blog/what-is-upnp

Quobuzz, Tidal, Deezer, or any hi rez streaming service would be great.

Jan

Not unless they release Free Open Source versions of their API's or someone reverse engineers them as was done with Spotify Connect and Airplay1&2, AND the companies that hold the licenses to the API's continue to tolerate the reverse engineered versions.

Technically something could be done using one of the universal API's like Airable or Linkplay but this would require NDA's, licensing contracts and annual minimum fees ($$$) which are simply not in scope for our FOSS project.

If you really want Music Service access beyond Airplay and Spotify Connect then maybe try something like the WiiM or WiiM Pro. I have no experience with them though.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Also, ask TIDAL Qobuz, Deezer and all those guys why they take your money for the stream but refuse to let you play it where you want.
----------------
Robert
Too bad ...
Moode is the best player in sound quality, but too much punk.
Today hifi streaming is one of the most important feature.
Sadly i think i'm gonna switch to Volumio.
Blimey... I did not know that Volum10 does not do 'punk'...