Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Disconnecting usb dac during playback
Hi. I use an rpi4 with a Moode audio player connected via a USB cable to a dac SMSL M500 mk3. I have such a problem that after some time of playback via USB it stops playing with the message "MPD error Failed to open audio output" and I have to select the USB input again with the remote control and it works for a while and so on. Do you know where the error could be?
(03-16-2023, 11:19 AM)jaro911 Wrote: Hi. I use an rpi4 with a Moode audio player connected via a USB cable to a dac SMSL M500 mk3. I have such a problem that after some time of playback via USB it stops playing with the message "MPD error Failed to open audio output" and I have to select the USB input again with the remote control and it works for a while and so on. Do you know where the error could be?

You mean you have to use the remote to tell the M500 that it should expect audio data from its USB port because it somehow changed it?
To troubleshoot post details about your configuration.

- Pi model
- Power supply model
- Is USB power from Pi or via powered USB hub
- moOde version
- Network: WiFi or Ethernet?
- Music source(s): NAS, locally attached USB Drive or uSD Card?

After rebooting post the contents of moOde startup log. It can be downloaded via a button in the Logs section of System Config (release 8.3.0). Otherwise from an SSH terminal run the command moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@jaro911 

So then you wrote

Quote:...and I have to select the USB input again with the remote control

I don't know the SMSL M500. Is it normal for it to switch among its inputs on its own? If so, what are the conditions which can cause this? The owner manual I found online says nothing useful.

Regards,
Kent
(03-16-2023, 11:19 AM)jaro911 Wrote: Hi. I use an rpi4 with a Moode audio player connected via a USB cable to a dac SMSL M500 mk3. I have such a problem that after some time of playback via USB it stops playing with the message "MPD error Failed to open audio output" and I have to select the USB input again with the remote control and it works for a while and so on. Do you know where the error could be?

The only time I've had issues similar to this with my Pi 4 outputting to my smsl sanskrit MK II via USB was when I had bluetooth enabled.

Disabling bluetooth fixed it for me, which might be a clue of sorts.

Phil