Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide GPIO Configuration
Can the GPIO configuration manager set pins to be inputs and activate outputs based on the inputs?

Also, when selecting pin #…is that GPIO # or the header pin number?  I assume the GPIO # as the selection only goes to 27.

Thanks!
Here's the help from the config screen.

Code:
Use a comma to delimit arguments in the command (Cmd) field for example [mpc,load,My Playlist]. Pins are configured as input/pull-up and are 3V3. Pins GPIO2 and GPIO3 have fixed pull-up resistors. At power-on pins are set to input mode, pins 0-8 are pull-ups to 3V3, pins 9-27 are pull-downs to 0V.

The pin numbering in the config screen follows the Broadcom SoC channel numbering GPIO02 - GPIO27 which maps to physical board pins on the 40-pin header.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I seem to remember there was a graphic showing the pin allocation somewhere in the moOde UI a couple of years ago when I was setting up my GPIO. I can't find it now though, has it been removed or is my memory at fault?
----------------
Robert
lol, no faults detected. It was removed as part of refactoring all the configs. The thinking was that anyone doing a DIY that involves GPIO will already have become familiar with 40-pin header and the GPIO pin assignments.

I suppose I could improve the help and maybe add the image back in. I'll add to the TODO list.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-22-2023, 12:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: lol, no faults detected. It was removed as part of refactoring all the configs. The thinking was that anyone doing a DIY that involves GPIO will already have become familiar with 40-pin header and the GPIO pin assignments.

I suppose I could improve the help and maybe add the image back in. I'll add to the TODO list.

I'm just glad I'm not quite that forgetful just yet.  It was handy when I used it once on one of my players, so it's very much a niche thing and anyone doing that much DIY will certainly have seen it elsewhere.  Low priority TODO if at all I'd say.
----------------
Robert
Much appreciated, I downloaded the latest revision and saw the help screen.

Am I understanding this correctly, that they are only available as inputs through the Moode Handler?

I assume I could, turn off the handler and embed a script that configures some pins as outputs...true statement?

I’m currently programming an AVR chip for the functions I’m interested in…however, consolidating is a driver for me to learn a new approach.