Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Wrong Update Notification
Wink 
I really like the update notification and the possibilities to get a push of a notification. But I missed the notification for Version 8.3.0 ?! Instead I get the following notification "Date error comparing This: 2023-01-20 to Available: None" I would have expected that I get a notification that may be like "New Upgrade available, but no possibility to do in-line update. See moodeaudio.org

So I missed again the Upgrade  Sad . As I have now 4 devices with moode it will take some time to do the manual upgrades ( which I prefer to do on weekend)  Anyhow, I just wanted to  ask , if it is possible next time in such a situation to get a "new Version available, no automatic installation possible" notification ? The above notification is at least a bit unclear Big Grin

Thanks !
Looks like an old debug message :-0

It means the request sent by moOde to check the Git repo for an available update has failed. This would occur if any of the following are true:

1. No Internet connection
2. moOde was not assigned an IP address
3. moOde is running in AP mode

I can change the message to something like "Unable to contact update repository" or something like that.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-11-2023, 10:10 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Looks like an old debug message :-0

It means the request sent by moOde to check the Git repo for an available update has failed. This would occur if any of the following are true:

1. No Internet connection
2. moOde was not assigned an IP address
3. moOde is running in AP mode

I can change the message to something like "Unable to contact update repository" or something like that.

I think the message would be good. The real fault in my case for the message was a wrong /etc/nsswitch.conf entry :
Code:
hosts: files [NOTFOUND=RETURN] dns wins mdns4

with this 

Code:
#host pihole
will work , but
Code:
#ping pihole
won't and so the check has also not worked.

I changed the line in /etc/nsswitch.conf to
Code:
hosts: dns files 

and now the notification worked.

Last Time I used the rpi imager to upgrade to the new OS image. I did my own post installation and everything worked fine ( including listening to music from the NAS where it is NFS exported ) . I was sure that your three reasons are not mine. But a quick test with a ping to an external site showed the wrong nameswitch setup.

Now I am very happy as I could do an inline upgrade, which saves a lot of my time. Thanks for your support and for Moode !