Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Can't access moode webgui from android phone
(04-18-2023, 02:45 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 10:17 AM)yannig Wrote:
(04-15-2023, 10:36 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @moodle

Everything Al said is on point.

As an aside, though, if the hostname of your moode player is "moode" then "moode.local" should work in recent releases of Android. It works on my Pixel 6a phone for example (Android 13).

However, I emphasized should because this feature didn't work in Android as recently as very late 2021 when it was rolled out silently as part of a Google Play System upgrade. That's when it began working on my last phone, a Pixel 3a. I don't know how much longer it took for this update to propagate through 3rd party phone vendors such as Samsung, etc.

Regards,
Kent
I also have this problem,
"moode.local" & "moode" in browsers don't work.

I use the "Pi Music" app, now. This app has an IP scanner dedicated for pis.

not "ideal", but it works...

The fact you cannot access moOde by its "name" may be an issue with the localDNS, and you can by-pass this by entering the IP address moOde has received by your router; no need for 3rd party apps whatsoever.
I know this, but I feel like it's not as comfortable as it should be.
musical regards

y.
Sorry, guys. According to their website, the developer, Trans-Code Design, aooears to be located in Buffalo NY but I don't see their Pi Music app in the US-side Google Play Store (via my Pixel 6A phone, Android 13). The last date I see on their website is 2016, which might be suggestive.

In any case, I'd rather concentrate on why you can't access moOde's webUI from your phone than chase after a 3rd party app which likely is looking for MPD instances by finding one or more open port 6600 on the LAN.

Incidentally, the freeium Android app Fing used to be my go-to tool for scanning my LAN for active IP addresses and hostnames but I've found "Network Analyzer Lite" by techet.net to be even better. For each active host it shows such things as whether it's a Gateway, and the availability of IPv4, IPv6, Bonjour (e.g., mDNS), website, and UPnP, and if it's pingable. Very slick.

Regards,
Kent