Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

help setting gpio with rotary encoders
hi to everyone

i am from Volumio and in previous system I ve setted

GPIO 27 - 22 function  prev /next title
GPIO 4 - 17   function decrease / increase volume
GPIO 9 - 10  function seek in title

i am using 3 rotary encoder on my dac

i ve read about gpio control in system menu but I don't know what insert in CMD space...

thanks for any help

If I am on correct path.. is there a list of CMD that I can insert?

thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try the mpc commands. Separate the command arguments with a comma when entered into the CMD field of GPIO Config.

Examples:
Code:
# Playback control
mpc,next
mpc,prev
mpc,seek,+10%
mpc,seek,-10%

# Volume
/var/www/vol.sh,up,5
/var/www/vol.sh,dn,5
/var/www/vol.sh,mute

mpc help
Code:
pi@kef:~ $ mpc help
Usage: mpc [options] <command> [<arguments>]
mpc version: 0.33

Options:
 -v, --verbose                  Give verbose output
 -q, --quiet                    Suppress status message
 --no-status                    synonym for --quiet
 -h, --host=<host>              Connect to server on <host>
 -P, --password=<password>      Connect to server using password <password>
 -p, --port=<port>              Connect to server port <port>
 -f, --format=<format>          Print status with format <format>
 -w, --wait                     Wait for operation to finish (e.g. database update)
 -r, --range=[<start>]:[<end>]  Operate on a range (e.g. when loading a playlist)

Commands:
 mpc                                                   Display status
 mpc add <uri>                                         Add a song to the queue
 mpc crop                                              Remove all but the currently playing song
 mpc current                                           Show the currently playing song
 mpc del <position>                                    Remove a song from the queue
 mpc play [<position>]                                 Start playing at <position>
 mpc next                                              Play the next song in the queue
 mpc prev                                              Play the previous song in the queue
 mpc pause                                             Pauses the currently playing song
 mpc pause-if-playing                                  Pauses the currently playing song; exits with failure if not playing
 mpc toggle                                            Toggles Play/Pause, plays if stopped
 mpc cdprev                                            Compact disk player-like previous command
 mpc stop                                              Stop playback
 mpc seek [+-][HH:MM:SS]|<0-100>%                      Seeks to the specified position
 mpc seekthrough [+-][HH:MM:SS]                        Seeks by an amount of time within the song and playlist
 mpc clear                                             Clear the queue
 mpc outputs                                           Show the current outputs
 mpc enable [only] <output # or name> [...]            Enable output(s)
 mpc disable [only] <output # or name> [...]           Disable output(s)
 mpc toggleoutput <output # or name> [...]             Toggle output(s)
 mpc outputset <output # or name> <name>=<value>       Set output attributes
 mpc queued                                            Show the next queued song
 mpc shuffle                                           Shuffle the queue
 mpc move <from> <to>                                  Move song in queue
 mpc playlist [<playlist>]                             Print <playlist>
 mpc listall [<file>]                                  List all songs in the music dir
 mpc ls [<directory>]                                  List the contents of <directory>
 mpc lsplaylists                                       List currently available playlists
 mpc load <file>                                       Load <file> into the queue
 mpc insert <uri>                                      Insert a song to the queue after the current track
 mpc prio <prio> <position/range> ...                  Change song priorities in the queue
 mpc save <file>                                       Save a queue as <file>
 mpc rm <file>                                         Remove a playlist
 mpc volume [+-]<num>                                  Set volume to <num> or adjusts by [+-]<num>
 mpc repeat <on|off>                                   Toggle repeat mode, or specify state
 mpc random <on|off>                                   Toggle random mode, or specify state
 mpc single <on|off>                                   Toggle single mode, or specify state
 mpc consume <on|off>                                  Toggle consume mode, or specify state
 mpc search <type> <query>                             Search for a song
 mpc searchadd <type> <query>                          Search songs and add them to the queue
 mpc find <type> <query>                               Find a song (exact match)
 mpc findadd <type> <query>                            Find songs and add them to the queue
 mpc searchplay <pattern>                              Find and play a song in the queue
 mpc list <type> [<type> <query>]                      Show all tags of <type>
 mpc crossfade [<seconds>]                             Set and display crossfade settings
 mpc clearerror                                        Clear the current error
 mpc mixrampdb [<dB>]                                  Set and display mixrampdb settings
 mpc mixrampdelay [<seconds>]                          Set and display mixrampdelay settings
 mpc update [<path>]                                   Scan music directory for updates
 mpc rescan [<path>]                                   Rescan music directory (including unchanged files)
 mpc sticker <uri> <get|set|list|delete|find> [args..] Sticker management
 mpc stats                                             Display statistics about MPD
 mpc version                                           Report version of MPD
 mpc idle [events]                                     Idle until an event occurs
 mpc idleloop [events]                                 Continuously idle until an event occurs
 mpc replaygain [off|track|album]                      Set or display the replay gain mode
 mpc channels                                          List the channels that other clients have subscribed to.
 mpc sendmessage <channel> <message>                   Send a message to the specified channel.
 mpc waitmessage <channel>                             Wait for at least one message on the specified channel.
 mpc subscribe <channel>                               Subscribe to the specified channel and continuously receive messages.
 mpc listneighbors                                     List neighbors.
 mpc mount [<uri> <storage>]                           List mounts or add a new mount.
 mpc unmount <uri>                                     Remove a mount.

See man 1 mpc for more information about mpc commands and options
pi@kef:~ $
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
ok thanks. not clear how to use it. how to integrate with the web interface.. is there a walkthrough ? thanks

so if I understand for seek and next I have to set like screenshot and tested works...

also volume works.. but how to set the degrees of knob .. tried to set debounce to 1 (like Volumio) seems great

is there a limit of 8 buttons in moode?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What do you mean by "how to integrate with the web interface"?
What is your usage scenario that requires more than 8 GPIO?
Enjoy the Music!
(04-16-2023, 02:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What do you mean by "how to integrate with the web interface"? (resolved inserting the command in web interface)
What is your usage scenario that requires more than 8 GPIO?

vol + vol - seek + seek - track + track - . with the 3 knob I have 3 press ... 6+3 = 9... I can use for mute, pause and if possible reboot.. (how can I set pause mute and reboot if possible?
The GPIO Config screen is limited to 8 pins.

You might want to use a rotary encoder for volume instead of two dedicated push buttons.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-16-2023, 05:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The GPIO Config screen is limited to 8 pins.

You might want to use a rotary encoder for volume instead of two dedicated push buttons.

ok thanks. I have 3 rotary encoder but they have the push function . 

I use all encoder for volume seek and ff function. ok if limit Is 8
It sounds like you are using up and down on the rotary encoders as discreet buttons? If you look in the Audio Config section of the moOde UI, under the "Volume options" section, you will see a built in rotary encoder volume section which you may find works more like a traditional volume knob (the further you turn the knob, the bigger the effect).
----------------
Robert
Hey all, not wanting to high-jack the thread so let me know if I should start a new one.

I'm wanting to actually retro-fit an motor encoder into my analogue amp.  I don't want to use the software volume as it effects the quality but I would love to use the mood interface to control the volume of my amp pot.

Is this possible using the setup you describe here or is it only for reading from a rotary encoder?
You should start a new thread in Support.

Describe the "motor encoder".
Enjoy the Music!