Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 7.01 does not start on newest RPi 4 8GB RAM
Your best bet would be to post your question on diyAudio or ASR where audio signals are routinely analyzed using high precision equipment. You might find someone willing to spend time trying to reproduce/analyze your claim.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-30-2023, 02:01 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your best bet would be to post your question on diyAudio or ASR where audio signals are routinely analyzed using high precision equipment. You might find someone willing to spend time trying to reproduce/analyze your claim.

I will try this. I totally agree with you in regards to the subjectivity of us humans. I listen to hifi since 45 years, am in an audioclub and see so many, partly crazy expensive setups and crazy approaches to perfect sound reproduction (One member for example claimed when ripping CDs it is beneficial for the SQ to put a heavy book on top of the drive).

I wish we could measure good human ear sound quality in hard numbers. Comparing the moode 7.01 with the latest version with pure data comparison, to see whether they provide the exact same output or not, would really be interesting...

Thanks again for chipping in in this discussion as I know you for a good reason avoid them :-)...
Hello everyone
and I have to agree with the "author of the post" when it comes to sound quality!!
I still had a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ plus DAC Allo BOOS
and moodeaudio 7.20 software due to better sound quality than "Volumio", but I wanted to change Raspberry Pi 4 2Mb
and this is where it started moodeaudio 7.20 didn't start!!!!!! , so I corrected the new 2022-12-28-moode-r824-lite, it started!! I started listening and something didn't suit me. It lasted for maybe 3 days! .I returned to RP Pi 3 as a test!!! and what happened? Transparency has returned!!! SO I'M WRITING THAT MY HEARING HAS WORSE AND WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!! THEY ARE NOT TRUE!!!

I would like to run moodeaudio 7.20 on Raspberry Pi 4 2Mb!!
but it probably won't be possible!!!!

Andrzej
What do you hope to gain by running on a Pi4 that you don't have on your Pi3?
----------------
Robert
Hello,
Thank you for your answer, I noticed that CI works better on Raspberry Pi 4!! , But apparently we need to move forward!
I'll see maybe the newer moodeaudio will change something!!

Andrzej