Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Qobuz render doesn't work anymore
Hello, I'm in the same situation as SoundAdikt.

With the additional package everything works as expected.

Do you see any problem if you add the additional package in the default moode next release?
(05-24-2023, 10:33 AM)magostinelli Wrote: Hello, I'm in the same situation as SoundAdikt.

With the additional package everything works as expected.

Do you see any problem if you add the additional package in the default moode next release?

As I posted earlier @SoundAdikt said he's had Qobuz access since 2020 but we have never included the package so my conclusion is that his success scenario cannot be attributed to the presence of this package.

The problem with just blindly including the package in our release builds is that it adds another administrative, maintenance and support vector going forward and so someone needs to clearly explain why this package is needed and under what usage scenario(s) otherwise  it's a no-go.

ETA: I should add that Kent's earlier post https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....4#pid46834 suggested that the package is required if the Bubble DS app is being used but no one has mentioned using BubbleDS in their posts and I have no idea what this app does or how it's different from "regular" BubbleUPnP or why it needs the upmpdcli Qobuz package.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I'm using BubbleUPnP not Bubble DS.
Very strange...
@magostinelli

Earlier you said “everything works as expected” with the additional package. To be blunt, that statement is useless to a developer unless 1) both “everything” and “works” are defined and 2) it’s accompanied by a statement of what doesn’t work without the additional package.

For me, the moOde UPnP renderer works in conjunction with BubbleUPnP as I described previously.

Regards,
Kent
Yes I confirm, that with additional package is working, but before installing it, in my case, it doesn't work with BubbleUPnP.

But in your case you haven't a Qobuz account, right?

I open BubbleUPnP choose moode render, go to Library -> Qobuz and browse artist (or albums, playlists, etc) and play it.
Maybe the additional package is usefull for this?

With the additional package, I can power off the phone after an Album was addedd to the playlist, everything continue to work.
(06-26-2023, 10:13 AM)magostinelli Wrote: Yes I confirm, that with additional package is working, but before installing it, in my case, it doesn't work with BubbleUPnP.

But in your case you haven't a Qobuz account, right?

I open BubbleUPnP choose moode render, go to Library -> Qobuz and browse artist (or albums, playlists, etc) and play it.
Maybe the additional package is usefull for this?

With the additional package, I can power off the phone after an Album was addedd to the playlist, everything continue to work.

Let's be very clear, you are referring to the use of Qobuz streaming to a Moode-based Renderer using BubbleUPnP.

You'd like to be able to pass the entire playlist from the Android control point to the renderer itself, thereby allowing you to shut off the Android device/BubbleUPnP and keep listening, all of which is an OpenHome thing as previously noted.

While I can't comment on the use of Moode's own OpenHome setting now vs. previous releases or what may have changed in that regard with upmpdcli, I can tell you if this continues to bother you then maybe try running an instance of BubbleUpnp Server elsewhere on your network, and have that instance create the Moode OpenHome renderer instead. I do know that works, though it also requires some other computing device to be running, in my case it's another RPi 4B running Ubuntu that hosts the always on BubbleUPnP Server.

The above is rock solid in terms of allowing Moode to be an OpenHome renderer, though you do need to remember to periodically "clear the deck" by deleting the stored playlist, in order to avoid a problem that has sometimes been referred to as an orphaned playlist scenario.
(06-28-2023, 07:33 PM)MikeyFresh Wrote: Let's be very clear, you are referring to the use of Qobuz streaming to a Moode-based Renderer using BubbleUPnP.

You'd like to be able to pass the entire playlist from the Android control point to the renderer itself, thereby allowing you to shut off the Android device/BubbleUPnP and keep listening, all of which is an OpenHome thing as previously noted.
Yes, it's exactly my scenario, for me the best!
In the past i tried BubbleUpnp Server, but i prefer to have one device and one software to play the music, a appraciate the OpenHome render functionality included in moode.