Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Which local display screens work with moOde?
I have been using moOde  on a pi, headless, for quite a while, but I thought I might add a local display to it?   I realised I am not sure which, and what type of screens are supported by moOde these days.

Will something like this work?

https://www.amazon.com.au/Freenove-Touch...r=8-9&th=1

[Image: 61D-6EQPdJL._AC_SX425_.jpg]
I use the 5” version in my office.
No problems, as you can imagine it is not very forgiving of my fat fingers on such a small screen.
7” in hindsight would have been a better choice.
(06-03-2023, 08:48 AM)steve4star Wrote: I use the 5” version in my office.
No problems, as you can imagine it is not very forgiving of my fat fingers on such a small screen.

When you say you use the 5" version - do you mean you have this same brand in a 5" version, or just another 5" screen with the same interface?

In the past I tried a very small cheap screen that just plugged into the header on the rPi - i.e. it didn't use a ribbon cable to the display connector.  It worked for the raspberry pi operating system, by moOde did not support it.   This is a big part of my question.  Exactly what screens are supported?
(06-03-2023, 10:02 PM)inthemoode Wrote:

When you say you use the 5" version - do you mean you have this same brand in a 5" version, or just another 5" screen with the same interface?

In the past I tried a very small cheap screen that just plugged into the header on the rPi - i.e. it didn't use a ribbon cable to the display connector.  It worked for the raspberry pi operating system, by moOde did not support it.   This is a big part of my question.  Exactly what screens are supported?
Yes, I have the following:
Freenove 5 Inch Touchscreen Monitor for Raspberry Pi, 800x480 Pixel IPS Display, 5-Point Touch Capacitive Screen, Driver-Free DISPLAY Port
(06-04-2023, 02:51 PM)steve4star Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 10:02 PM)inthemoode Wrote:

Freenove 5 Inch Touchscreen Monitor for Raspberry Pi, 800x480 Pixel IPS Display, 5-Point Touch Capacitive Screen, Driver-Free DISPLAY Port

Does the screen require any settings in /boot/config.txt or other files?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-04-2023, 03:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Does the screen require any settings in /boot/config.txt or other files?

None that I recall, my config is as follows:

Code:
[cm4]
otg_mode=1

[pi4]
hdmi_force_hotplug:0=1
hdmi_force_hotplug:1=1

[all]
disable_splash=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=0

dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=allo-boss-dac-pcm512x-audio
(06-04-2023, 03:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(06-04-2023, 02:51 PM)steve4star Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 10:02 PM)inthemoode Wrote: When you say you use the 5" version - do you mean you have this same brand in a 5" version, or just another 5" screen with the same interface?

Does the screen require any settings in /boot/config.txt or other files?

It says no config is required, 
"

• Easy to use -> No configuration is required (for new and configuration-unchanged systems)."

but there is a small note at the bottom of this image about commenting out a line in config.txt if it doesn't work first time

[Image: 710PksyoD5L._AC_SX425_.jpg]