Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Wireless network setup
(06-07-2023, 08:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 05:46 PM)Onionhead Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 02:04 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It was done to keep in step with the improved security configuration of RaspiOS Bullseye release images which do not contain any  embedded, default user id's and passwords or an enabled SSH service. This article explains the changes https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/raspber...pril-2022/

Obviously this is a good thing to do because default id's and passwords lend themselves to never being changed due to human nature and thus become an easy target for malicious hackers.
Appreciate the primer and links. Makes total sense now. I have been able to watch the Raspberry Pi imager video and read the setup guide. Thanks to contributors who helped out I have managed to set up device on wifi. Shocking the number of new features and graceful design. well done to all who played a roll. Off to see if I can fix the white noise issue with Piano 2.1 dac.

Cheers

Are u using a Kali reclocker?

Yes I am. Seems to me long ago in 2017 this issue first came up and you may have posted a fix. Take care
(06-07-2023, 09:04 PM)Onionhead Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 08:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 05:46 PM)Onionhead Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 02:04 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It was done to keep in step with the improved security configuration of RaspiOS Bullseye release images which do not contain any  embedded, default user id's and passwords or an enabled SSH service. This article explains the changes https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/raspber...pril-2022/

Obviously this is a good thing to do because default id's and passwords lend themselves to never being changed due to human nature and thus become an easy target for malicious hackers.
Appreciate the primer and links. Makes total sense now. I have been able to watch the Raspberry Pi imager video and read the setup guide. Thanks to contributors who helped out I have managed to set up device on wifi. Shocking the number of new features and graceful design. well done to all who played a roll. Off to see if I can fix the white noise issue with Piano 2.1 dac.

Cheers

Are u using a Kali reclocker?

Yes I am. Seems to me long ago in 2017 this issue first came up and you may have posted a fix. Take care

IIRC Kali has a bug that causes white noise when processing 24 bit audio with certain DAC's. The workaround is to set SoX resampling to Bit depth =32, Sample rate = Any
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Tim, you recall correctly."IIRC Kali has a bug that causes white noise when processing 24 bit audio"
This was the first of the Allo abandonment  of their support for kernel updates.
It has only got worse...cf the Allo Boss, and now Katana, et al.
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....0#pid47050
----------
bob
Is the Kali white noise issue a kernel bug? It works perfectly at all bit depths with my ProtoDAC TDA1387 X8 which uses the i2s-dac kernel driver.
Enjoy the Music!
Thanks Tim I have now solved the wifi issue and now Kali reclocker. Might be time to get me a ProtoDAC kit, egh?
(06-09-2023, 02:58 PM)Onionhead Wrote: Thanks Tim I have now solved the wifi issue and now Kali reclocker. Might be time to get me a ProtoDAC kit, egh?

For sure check with Mark about a ProtoDAC kit or build. Kali + protoDAC is a great combo.
Enjoy the Music!