Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Messy Cover Art in MoodeAudio 4.3
Where did it go wrong?

Maybe here is a possible answer to the wrong Flac tag:

https://community.mp3tag.de/t/tags-flac-...d3v2/14381

And yes, I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to make FLACs!

Dig-It
(11-01-2018, 11:14 AM)Dig-It Wrote: Where did it go wrong?

Maybe here is a possible answer to the wrong Flac tag:

https://community.mp3tag.de/t/tags-flac-...d3v2/14381

And yes, I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to make FLACs!

Dig-It

Interesting link. It turns out I've managed to rediscover what DetlevD already said in that discussion said 5-1/2 years ago! It's embarrassing---I'm the one who always says "Google is your friend".

Anyway, I agree. I think this is exactly what went wrong for you. I've used EAC in the past. I didn't know much about metadata then so I guess I just got lucky because I managed to avoid the problem.

Enjoy the music...and the cover art  Smile

Regards,
Kent
Hello fellow moOdies

I have an album art problem in v4.3 but one that seems to have been caused by the update 10-19-2018.

Before the update my album art was fine.

I think it was also fine immediately after the update but I added a number of albums and decided a rescan would be a good idea.

Now the album view (thumbnail view) shows the default image for all the mp3 albums. As far as I can tell all of the FLAC and ALAC albums are fine.

If I select an album showing the default image then when it plays and I return to the Playback page it shows the correct album art on the playback page so for some reason only the album art view has the problem.

My temporary solution so far is to backtrack and use the original v4.3 without updating it.

Regardless of the above I am very pleased with moOde. In my opinion the addition of the album art view has lifted it up from being very good (better than anything else available for the Pi) to excellent.

The hard job now will be to avoid adding a million "features" that will just complicate/bloat it and slow it down. e.g. if I want to look at the lyrics they are easy to google and if I want to buy stuff or find album art there are plenty of places to go. I don't need to do that from within my music organiser/player.

Sorry I've gone into lecture mode - time to stop.
Hi,

Did you regenerate the thumbnail cache?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-02-2018, 09:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Did you regenerate the thumbnail cache?

Yes - did that too, several times.

When checking progress it always found the same number of albums, 794 in my case and this figure correct.

v4.3 without update also finds 794.
Zip up one of the albums that is not showing a thumbnail and email me a download link. I'll have a look.

The thumbnail generator uses the last file in the containing album directory to extract cover art. If the file does not have embedded art then it looks for a cover image file in that directory.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(11-02-2018, 09:41 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Hello fellow moOdies
.... I am very pleased with moOde. In my opinion the addition of the album art view has lifted it up from being very good (better than anything else available for the Pi) to excellent.

The hard job now will be to avoid adding a million "features" that will just complicate/bloat it and slow it down. e.g. if I want to look at the lyrics they are easy to google and if I want to buy stuff or find album art there are plenty of places to go. I don't need to do that from within my music organiser/player.

+1 Angel
Good morning.
I'm also struggling with a few of the thumbnails in the Album view cache.
It all started when I decided to change a few cover art files in the directory of some album.
My customize option "Cover search priority" is set to Cover image file and there are NO other jpg file in the folder.
For example look at the content of the "LA woman" album (seen using Samba from my Mac):
[Image: LAwoman2.png]
However in the Album cover view I continue to see the "old" cover image that I have deleted from the folder:
[Image: LAwoman1.png]

You will also notice than when I click on the album thumbnail, the right "cover.jog" shows up.

I tried:
  1. updating the Album cover thumbnail cache (in Configure/Sources)
  2. re-gen the Album cover thumbnail cache (in Configure/Sources)
  3. Both steps 1 and 2 above after changing the "Album Title" using mp3tag
  4. Re-scan of the entire library!
  5. Clearing the brower cache....(cached images and files in Chrome)
Any suggestion?

Thanks
franz
Modern Browsers are very good at caching things. The symptom suggests the old thumbnail image is still in the Browser cache.

Try the following.

1. Clear the Browser History then refresh the Browser.

If that does not work then proceed to #2

2. Manually delete the thumbnail images, then regenerate them

a. From SSH: rm -f /var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache/*
b. Clear browser history then refresh the Browser (#1 above)
c. Verify there are no thumbnail images

d. Regenerate the thumbnails (Sources screen)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Thank you Tim!
Step 2 (deleting all thumbnails in /var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache and regenerating them) did the trick!