Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Possible Modifications
I am a happy Moode user. My comments are based upon a configuration that utilizes an external DAC and a seven inch tft.
1) Get rid of the volume control on the display when using digital cards. (I have inserted display: none; into the panels.css to do this on my own)
2) Increase the font size of the current song. Maybe have an " uncluttered mode" that only shows this. I have modified my version to increase the font  and reduce the artwork size, but it is still difficult to read especially from the listening position. If I were a better coder I would make the album and song occupy the area of the volume control as well as the current area so the font could be increased further.
3) Permit the addition of the .png file for custom radio stations in the add station. Working with SQLite3 is not too difficult, but I think this would be a simple mod.
4) Screen blank in the shutdown menu is needed. I currently have programed my remote to do this. It is essential for always on operation.
5) Make a keyboard come up on the touchscreen.
6) Add a favorite station entry. I have also done this with my remote control commands.
7) Make additional lines in the config.,txt . With the addition of the IR commands, The automatic screen flip and brightness have been screwed up and I had to hardwire them in.
Thanks to all
Tom
(04-12-2018, 08:07 PM)Macdelf Wrote: I am a happy Moode user. My comments are based upon a configuration that utilizes an external DAC and a seven inch tft.
1) Get rid of the volume control on the display when using digital cards. (I have inserted display: none; into the panels.css to do this on my own)
2) Increase the font size of the current song. Maybe have an " uncluttered mode" that only shows this. I have modified my version to increase the font  and reduce the artwork size, but it is still difficult to read especially from the listening position. If I were a better coder I would make the album and song occupy the area of the volume control as well as the current area so the font could be increased further.
3) Permit the addition of the .png file for custom radio stations in the add station. Working with SQLite3 is not too difficult, but I think this would be a simple mod.
4) Screen blank in the shutdown menu is needed. I currently have programed my remote to do this. It is essential for always on operation.
6) Add a favorite station entry. I have also done this with my remote control commands.
7) Make additional lines in the config.,txt . With the addition of the IR commands, The automatic screen flip and brightness have been screwed up and I had to hardwire them in.
Thanks to all
Tom

Please post a picture of your UI layout so we can get a sense of how it looks.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-12-2018, 08:07 PM)Macdelf Wrote: I am a happy Moode user. My comments are based upon a configuration that utilizes an external DAC and a seven inch tft.
Thanks to all
Tom
[img=66x30]file:///C:/Users/macdelf/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/img]So if the album, artist, song were underneath the time and artwork (now at 95%). The font could be bumped drastically.    

It’s impossible for one screen to be all things to all people. It sounds like what you’d really like is a “screensaver mode” that displays just the album cover, song name, etc., after a short time period, no?
(04-13-2018, 02:43 AM)swizzle Wrote:

It’s impossible for one screen to be all things to all people. It sounds like what you’d really like is a “screensaver mode” that displays just the album cover, song name, etc., after a short time period, no?

I see where you're going with this, Swizzle, and it is an interesting idea. 

Configurable time to initiate..
Option for full-screen 'text only' (title artist album bitrate etc) without album art ?
Screen touch or mouse movement returns to standard screen ?
----------
bob
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
(04-13-2018, 12:31 PM)JST1963 Wrote: I like that "screensaver-idea"...

Going from this:

[Image: 04704qv3b.jpg]

....to a screensaver like this (after a minute or 2)....

[Image: 1niy24.jpg]

....or something like this....

[Image: iwuf1oe5hd.jpg]

And when the cursor is moved, you go back to the "normal" screen. Love the idea... Heart

Johan

I really love that last one!
(04-13-2018, 08:11 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 02:43 AM)swizzle Wrote:

I see where you're going with this, Swizzle, and it is an interesting idea. 

Configurable time to initiate..
Option for full-screen 'text only' (title artist album bitrate etc) without album art ?
Screen touch or mouse movement returns to standard screen ?

I’d think it’d be an alternative to display sleep, so configured there. I don’t have an attached display and use moode strictly headless though, we’ll have to see what Tim thinks of the idea.
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
I have laughed with this.  I have spent the last three days working on a similar (identical?) project for my non-moOde Rpi3.  That Pi is working as a Pianoteq sampler machine, and is fitted with the official 7" touch display.

Since I cannot put moOde into it, I installed my Spotify-web-connect version, and created a web front end to work as a 'display info' of what is playing on the underlying spotify (given that Spotify does not provide with a Raspbian web player or app).

Mine ended up lookin like this (very similar to other's approaches, albeit with a little more info):
[Image: RpiSpotifyViewer.jpg]

Maybe it can help evolve this concept which I think would be nice.

Best regards,
Rafa.