Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

jackd
(11-28-2018, 08:31 PM)moode_user Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 04:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't know anything about Jackd so can't really say whether it could be used for moOde to moOde streaming.

"JACK (JACK Audio Connection Kit) refers to an API and two implementations of this API, jack1 and jack2. It provides a basic infrastructure for audio applications to communicate with each other and with audio hardware. Through JACK, users are enabled to build powerful systems for signal processing and music production."

http://jackaudio.org

Maybe worth having a look.

Off-hand this sounds doable. For all I know, it's even straightforward. Call me crazy, but it also sounds like a lot of work. 

I like the github approach where someone with a fire in their belly forks the moOde repo, does enough of an implementation to demonstrate the technology and then says "hey, what do you think of adding this capability" (more formally known as a github pull request).

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent

PS - Don't forget that the hypothesized moOde-to-moOde communication has to take place over a network, so one of the multiple, mutually incompatible JACK-over-a-network solutions has to be chosen before doing anything.

Messages In This Thread
jackd - by Archgroover - 10-22-2018, 06:34 PM
RE: jackd - by Tim Curtis - 10-22-2018, 06:53 PM
RE: jackd - by Archgroover - 10-23-2018, 03:29 PM
RE: jackd - by Tim Curtis - 10-23-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: jackd - by moode_user - 11-28-2018, 08:31 PM
RE: jackd - by TheOldPresbyope - 11-28-2018, 10:09 PM