Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ssh, php, fails on boot
I turned on my Raspi today, connected to it's access point, and the UI page at http://172.24.1.1 gave me a '502 Bad Gateway' error. My shh connections attempts were refused. During a reboot, I noticed shh, php, smb and various other network services failed. 

1. I think my network settings got scrambled. I put the boot card in my laptop and crated a moodecfg.txt file to try to bring my Raspi back into my wifi network. That didn't work. 

2. Will ctrl alt f1 will bring me to a command prompt? Do I press only once or at a special time? 
Sorry to ask basic Rasbian questions here.

3. To make matters more difficult my HDMI display works fine during the boot process then goes black a second or two after the login prompt appears. Dose Moode have an output over HDMI? Dose Moode switch HDMI modes? 

My setup is very basic, just a RasPi 3 B, with a HiFi Berry DAC+, a 128GB USB thumb drive for music and a 32GB micro SD for boot. I have not made any modifications outside the moode settings pages. 

Did a boot SD card die on me again? I'm getting sick of that. 

Thanks
The moodecfg.txt file which performs auto-configuration at boot will only work on a fresh image thats never been booted.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt

What version of moOde are u running?
What brand SD Card are u using?

I've been using Sandisk Ultra Class 10 cards for over 4 years and I've only experience 2 failures, and my cards get heavily written to every day during development and testing. In a non-development scenario, write activity to the boot SD Card is insignificant.

Try connecting an Ethernet cable and viewing the moode log as a start to troubleshooting.
cat /var/log/moode.log

or if you are running moOde 4.3
moodelog

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
The SD card's now dead so I can't poke around in the log files. I'm hoping my issues were power related even though I've never noticed undercurrent warnings. I chose a no name USB power brick because Amazon's recommendation gizmo said it had been frequently purchased together with the pi 3 and it had a few hundred good reviews. Should have known better.

Now I've got a proper 5V power supply on the pi and Moode cloned to a couple extra 16GB Sandisk cards just in case.

Thanks,