Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: 4.3 Update, no album covers for separate file (folder.jpg, etc.)
(10-23-2018, 01:40 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Very odd. The line below would only appear in the log if there was a click on the INSTALL button in System config.

20181022 212742 worker: Job installed

Of course bugs can never be ruled out but I'm not seeing anything that would allow me to try and repro the issue.

-Tim

Might be time for me to do a fresh install. FWIW, when I was installing the update, I clicked on the "about" button near the update. I don't know if this could have caused the issue.
Prolly not but let me know how fresh install + in-place 4.3 update goes :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim,
this is like my covert art problem (Post) ?
I've done a fresh install with your img. I ve done an in place update with no problem now on album art.
For info on my old install (the one with cover art trouble), docker was install for my lcd screen (pydPiper) and also lirc for my remote. Not yet done with my new install...
Rasptouch case with RPI3 + I2C 16x2 screen and IR port
Audiophonics I-Sabre V2.1 DAC ES9023 TCXO
Hello Tim,

In MoodeAudio 4.3 including latest update the cover art is not displayed anymore for new music files. (embedded in music file)
However, older music files with embedded cover art are displayed as usual.
I remember I updated recently the software called MP3TAG, which I use to embed the cover art in the music file.
I installed Volumio and also cover art is not displayed.
I assume the MPD is the same?
Maybe is in MP3TAG a change in how the cover art is written in the music file?
I am puzzled about it and cannot find any explanation about the storage of cover art in music files.
Maybe you understand more about the above mentioned?

hopefully this problem will be solved in the future!

Frans Meerhoff
Zip up a couple if the songs that do not show album art and email me a download link. I'll have a look.
Enjoy the Music!
Update:

playing an image of Rune (2016) is displaying cover art from old and new music files correctly.
Forum MP3Tag no info about anything changed in cover art display.
In MoodeAudio 4.3 I updated the library (and re-generate MPD & album art cache)
In the lower middle "Music" tab the round arrows keep rumming for about 10 mins.
The USB stick contains 16 music files!
I will send you this image.
To my surprise now cover art is displayed, but no. 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 did not appear!
Sometimes the spinner icon is not automatically cleared, usually because the update happens very quickly. It can be manually cleared by clicking on any of the toggle buttons below the volume knob. You can always verify that the update has completed by examining MPD log. cat /var/log/mpd/log.

As far as the files you provided, below is what i found.

Code:
** No Album Tag found
No Woman No Cry
Atomic
Killer
Foolish
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Heart Of Glass
A Little Less Conversation

** OK
Mystery

** Unable to extract Embedded Cover
Another Day
I Need A Dollar

** OK
Outside
Love Me Like You Do

** Unable to extract Embedded Cover
Another You
One Last Time
Sun Is Shining
Green Onions
I Can't Stand The Rain

Since the Library and Album panels are based on Genre/Artist/Album tags, any missing tags will cause problems. Missing tags are assigned the string "Unknown".

moOde uses the Zend Media class framework to extract cover art from mp3, flac and m4a formats. I'm not able to debug that framework to determine why its not able to extract a particular cover. IME though its rare for it to fail and if it does its typically due to some sort of corruption in the song file or tag structure.

The Library List and Album Cover panels and the Thumbnail generator assume a standard Artist/Album directory structure. When an Album is clicked in the Library List panel the first song in the Album directory is used for extracted cover art. The Thumbnail generator uses the last song in the Album directory for embedded cover art.

A directory containing songs from different Albums, often used to manually form compilations, is not compatible with the Thumbnail generator and Album Cover panel.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hello Tim,

thank you for the time investigating my problem.
But this is not the case when a music file (with correct cover art in playing mode) appears in the library with the cover art from the stereo test file, which is found on the MoodeAudio image and the artist "The Kinks"!

I can't find out what the obsolete Rune (2016) uses for cover art display.
All cover art is displayed correctly.
And in my memory MoodeAudio 3.8 did.
As is, nothing else is giving me the idea of corrupt files.
I'll keep searching. Thanks again a lot, Tim!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)