The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[Problem] Sound hum through O2 DAC
Hi,
I recently tried MoodeAudio. I have a sound quality problem when I am using the following setup.
Rasberry Pi 3+
Massdrop O2 + SDAC ( version of JDS Labs Objective 2 ODAC) (This has both DAX and the headphone amplifier)
Songs are in USB flash drive connected to Pi.
Connected the DAC using USB mode.

I hear a small hum sound coming from headphones when I am using the above setup. Hum is not there when nothing is playing. Only when a song starts to play hum comes. I do not hear such hum when I am using the same setup with Kodi with LibreElec. I tried several headphones different USB cables for power and connection between DAC, but same problem exists.

I have another DAC/AMP for my bookshelf speakers, but no problem with the sound quality on that. I do not have this problem when the same DAC is connected to a laptop using USB.

Could you please help me to figure out what makes this hum? This makes me Moode not usable with my headphones. Sad

Messages In This Thread
[Problem] Sound hum through O2 DAC - by chinthaka - 11-03-2018, 08:58 AM