Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide AUDIOPHONICS RaspDAC Mini Kit - I-Sabre ES9038Q2M
Thanks TookaFace, looking forward to trying it.
(09-30-2020, 05:50 PM)kit1cat Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 04:24 PM)Pieter Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 05:05 PM)audiophonics Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 11:50 AM)Pieter Wrote: Has anyone had any success running this board with a Raspberry Pi 4B? I can't get filters to stick and the gain drops to -32.00dB. Earlier Pi boards work flawlessly.

Early boards have this problem with RPI4.
It has been fixed for boards sold after September 2019
Sent my DAC to back to the Audiophonics headquarters for a software update and am very pleased to confirm that the kit is fully working with the Pi 4. Mille merci!

Do you get access to all the filters?

I do. All six are selectable and sound ever so slightly different.

[Image: Screenshot-2020-10-01-at-16-02-26.png]
Hi Ricardo,

I have the mini kit also, but when I update to the last version of moodeaudio
everything freeze.

how can i use the new update or version of moodeaudio and use the mini kit with RPI3b?

thanks

Jempie
Hello,

Could You please give some instructions how to install the script for lirc input change? I`m currently downloading mOode 7.0.0 image. I don`t have RaspdDAC Mini, but I have RPI4B with Audiophonics DAC ES9038Q2M and PI SPC V2 module. I have sucessfully connected an optical S/PDIF input socket to the DAC and it worked on mOode 6.7.1. What I want after clean mOode 7.0 installation is to be able to switch between MPD and S/PDIF using lirc.

Thanks,
Jacob
Smile 
(10-01-2020, 07:42 AM)TookaFace Wrote: Updated procedure for moOde 6.6 ==> moOde 7:
I've added a system menu in oled display, where you can reboot/shutdown the raspdacmini.

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt-get -y install python-smbus libjpeg-dev lirc

You could have a problem during lirc install, it's normal.

Code:
sudo -i pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
sudo -H pip install 'luma.core==1.13.0' 'luma.oled==3.4.0'

Add at the end of /boot/config.txt:
Code:
dtparam=spi=on
dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=4

Download and install oled and lirc files:
Code:
wget -O raspdacmini.tar "https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=11W2kV4M55jKDbQk8qEkaiBZqKe6l0V_L"
tar xvf raspdacmini.tar
sudo chmod 755 oled/raspdac_oled_main.py
sudo chmod 644 oled/oled.service
sudo cp oled/oled.service /etc/systemd/system/
sudo systemctl enable oled
sudo cp -r lirc/* /etc/lirc
sudo cp serial.py /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luma/core/interface/serial.py
rm -r lirc
rm raspdacmini.tar

If you had problems during lirc install:
Code:
sudo apt-get install -f

Then reboot:
Code:
sudo reboot

Also, there is a bug with MPD and hardware volume, witch make setting volume inconcistent, it's not new, so if you didn't notice anything, don't bother to do that.

A workaround for this is to increase value for volume up and down for the telecomand (3 and 6 instead of 1 and 5) and enable UPNP volume sync feature:
Code:
nano -l oled/raspdac_oled_telecommand.py
line 102
Code:
elif key == 'KEY_UP' :          # Augmentation du volume
    if speed == 'HIGH' :
        cmd = "/var/www/vol.sh up 6"
    else:
        cmd = "/var/www/vol.sh up 3"
    elif key == 'KEY_DOWN' :        # Réduction du volume
        if speed == 'HIGH' :
            cmd = "/var/www/vol.sh dn 6"
    else:
            cmd = "/var/www/vol.sh dn 3"

In order to sync the volume display with oled and moOde, you have to use UPNP volume sync feature:
Code:
moodeutl -A add 1024
All up and running with moOde 7.0.0, thanks again. [Image: smile.png]
Hello,

Could You please give some instructions how to install the script for lirc input change? I`m currently downloading mOode 7.0.0 image. I don`t have RaspdDAC Mini, but I have RPI4B with Audiophonics DAC ES9038Q2M and PI SPC V2 module. I have sucessfully connected an optical S/PDIF input socket to the DAC and it worked on mOode 6.7.1. What I want after clean mOode 7.0 installation is to be able to switch between MPD and S/PDIF using lirc.

Thanks,
Jacob

Anyone anything? Smile
(12-20-2020, 03:53 PM)jackobtone Wrote: Hello,

Thanks,
Jacob

Anyone anything? Smile

You could try just entering the lirc part of Tookaface script for the Raspdac mini, entering the whole script would probably do no harm.
I dont think it will work, oled and ir are both handle by the same scripts now.

Maybe just follow the "Remote control & SPDIF input" part of the first message in the thread.
I`ve tried both methods, and unfortunately none of them worked. Also I have a problem with S/PDIF input. It works, but laggs from time to time. What mean is it stops working for less than 1 second.
Hi,

How can I update Moode, without change everything that's been done to make the Mini Kit working?
Luckily I made and backup first because nothing works anymore now display...

thanks