Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide AUDIOPHONICS RaspDAC Mini Kit - I-Sabre ES9038Q2M
(12-21-2020, 12:06 PM)Jempie Wrote: Hi,

How can I update Moode, without change everything that's been done to make the Mini Kit working?
Luckily I made and backup first because nothing works anymore now display...

thanks

The latest version of moode is only available as a new image, no update. Download new image then follow TookaFace instructions to get your mini kit working, I was up and running with display and remote in under 30 minutes.
@audiophonics could You please give some instructions, how to change the input from MPD to S/PDIF using lirc and remote control? I`m trying to figure it out, tried with the spdif.sh file (following the instructions on 1st page) but it didn`t work for me (on both 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 mOode vesrion). I don`t have RaspDAC Mini, I have Your seperate ES9038Q2M DAC with RPi4 and PI SPC V2 power management module in self-built streamer. I`m not using Your remote control, I have paired my own form Naim integrated amp, but i guess that`s not a big deal. I would be grateful for some help.
Okay, so I think I made switching SPDIF/I2S with lirc finally work. It would have worked from the very begining, but I haven`t spotted one very important thing. Brainlessly I`ve been pasteing:

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_MENU
config = if amixer sget -c 1 'I2S/SPDIF Select' | grep Item0: | grep -q I2S;then amixer sset -c 1  'I2S/SPDIF Select' SPDIF; else amixer sset -c 1  'I2S/SPDIF Select' I2S; fi
end

to my lircrc file. In Putty I have applied command "irexec" which (after pushing button responsible for switching) showed that the device is wrong. All I had to do was to make only a few changes in those lines - changing "-c 1" to "-c 0":

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_MENU
config = if amixer sget -c 0 'I2S/SPDIF Select' | grep Item0: | grep -q I2S;then amixer sset -c 0  'I2S/SPDIF Select' SPDIF; else amixer sset -c 0  'I2S/SPDIF Select' I2S; fi
end

Everything works fine now Smile
Hi Rikardo,

hope you can help me out

i have the Mini Kit of Audiophonics and use the 7.9 inch HMD LCD
how can i use it?

thanks
(10-01-2020, 07:42 AM)TookaFace Wrote: Updated procedure for moOde 6.6 ==> moOde 7.4.0:
I've added a system menu in oled display, where you can reboot/shutdown the raspdacmini.

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt-get -y install python-smbus libjpeg-dev lirc

You could have a problem during lirc install, it's normal.

Code:
sudo -i pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
sudo -H pip install 'luma.core==1.13.0' 'luma.oled==3.4.0'

Add at the end of /boot/config.txt:
Code:
dtparam=spi=on
dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=4

Download and install oled and lirc files:
Code:
wget -O raspdacmini.tar "https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=11W2kV4M55jKDbQk8qEkaiBZqKe6l0V_L"
tar xvf raspdacmini.tar
sudo chmod 755 oled/raspdac_oled_main.py
sudo chmod 644 oled/oled.service
sudo cp oled/oled.service /etc/systemd/system/
sudo systemctl enable oled
sudo cp -r lirc/* /etc/lirc
sudo cp serial.py /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luma/core/interface/serial.py
rm -r lirc
rm raspdacmini.tar

If you had problems during lirc install:
Code:
sudo apt-get install -f

Then reboot:
Code:
sudo reboot

I have successfully integrated Oled/IR to moode 7.6.0 by just following TookaFace's instruction. Smile
posting here just for reporting purpose.
Hiroyuki
[quote pid='38495' dateline='1638163121']
I have successfully integrated Oled/IR to moode 7.6.0 by just following TookaFace's instruction. Smile
posting here just for reporting purpose.
Hiroyuki
[/quote]

please note that i meant i did it to RaspDac Mini with built-in OLED, not to a plain vanilla raspberry system.
Anyone tried this with moode 8.0.0?
Hello,
I have a problem with my RaspDAC Mini LCD. I installed Moode 8 and then did everything as described on this GitHub page, https://github.com/audiophonics/RaspDacMinilcd
Unfortunately, I don't get a proper cover view screen. The screen looks permanently like on the picture.
I tried the troubleshooting as described on GitHub without any help.
Does anyone of you has an idea how to solve this?

[Image: photo1648545512.jpg]
As expected, my procedure is no longer working for moOde 8 series, i will try to update it.
(03-31-2022, 07:26 AM)TookaFace Wrote: As expected, my procedure is no longer working for moOde 8 series, i will try to update it.

Thanks