Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide AUDIOPHONICS RaspDAC Mini Kit - I-Sabre ES9038Q2M
(11-21-2018, 11:13 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 03:17 PM)kit1cat Wrote: Well, the kit arrived this morning and it's now up and running with the supplied volumio image. Just need to fine tune to suit my system. Most impressed with the quality of the kit and the display. The only problem so far is that the supplied power cable has a male usb plug on the end, was hoping to connect it to my ipower supply, lucky I have a Anker battery so will use that for the time being. Tomorrow I will see if I can get it up and running with moode.

I use it with my ULPSU which has the standard DC jack(you have a same connector more likely).
So I have just ordered and using this adaptor https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...3110512105

[Image: s-l400.jpg]

Thanks for link, I already have a couple of these adaptors but find the supplied cable fits better. Looking at getting a female A usb to DC jack a adaptor.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-Power-Cabl...1438.l2649
No luck trying to install DAC driver in moode, the first 2 lines after cd Q2M came back with "Cannot create file, no such file or directory" Any ideas?

Will have another go with fresh image.

Thanks

Worked ok on fresh image
Another problem, downloaded and unziped oled.zip to my windows 7 machine, copied folder to home/pi on the sd card but the oled folder keeps disappearing. When I try to access the folder on the pi using putty the folders gone, put the card back in my windows machine and it's gone. Any one have any ideas?

Looks like the problem is my software does not support writing to to a ext4 drive from windows, will have to find another way to do it.
(11-22-2018, 07:56 PM)kit1cat Wrote: Another problem, downloaded and unziped oled.zip to my windows 7 machine, copied folder to home/pi on the sd card but the oled folder keeps disappearing. When I try to access the folder on the pi using putty the folders gone, put the card back in my windows machine and it's gone. Any one have any ideas?

Looks like the problem is my software does not support writing to to a ext4 drive from windows, will have to find another way to do it.

I do not use windows but I remember this winscp software. Give it a try. With this you should be able to access your Pi over the network
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(11-23-2018, 03:17 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 07:56 PM)kit1cat Wrote: Another problem, downloaded and unziped oled.zip to my windows 7 machine, copied folder to home/pi on the sd card but the oled folder keeps disappearing. When I try to access the folder on the pi using putty the folders gone, put the card back in my windows machine and it's gone. Any one have any ideas?

I do not use windows but I remember this winscp software. Give it a try. With this you should be able to access your Pi over the network

Thanks, will have a look.
I now have the Dac and screen working but having no luck with the remote. I double checked my input and all seems correct. The remote is working fine under Volumio so I don't think it's a hardware problem. One thing I did notice is my lirc folder is in the etc folder not home/etc stated in your instructions. Any ideas, thanks.
(11-23-2018, 06:01 PM)kit1cat Wrote: I now have the Dac and screen working but having no luck with the remote. I double checked my input and all seems correct. The remote is working fine under Volumio so I don't think it's a hardware problem. One thing I did notice is my lirc folder is in the etc folder not home/etc stated in your instructions. Any ideas, thanks.

Sorry, my mistake. It should be /etc/lirc not /home/etc/lirc

</marquee>
(11-24-2018, 01:20 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 06:01 PM)kit1cat Wrote: I now have the Dac and screen working but having no luck with the remote. I double checked my input and all seems correct. The remote is working fine under Volumio so I don't think it's a hardware problem. One thing I did notice is my lirc folder is in the etc folder not home/etc stated in your instructions. Any ideas, thanks.

Sorry, my mistake. It should be /etc/lirc not /home/etc/lirc

Thanks for confirming, I did use /etc/lirc so that's not my problem. Will have another look after the weekend, if no luck will try another fresh image. Thanks.
Started with a fresh moode 4.3 image. Screen and Dac working but still no luck with the remote. Below is a list of the mod's I made to the various files. Perhap's I missed something? Not sure were to go from hear? Like I said before remote is working under Volumio.

/etc/modules

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

spi-dev

lirc_dev
lirc_rpi gpio_in_pin=4

-------------------------------------------

/boot/config.txt

disable_splash=1
hdmi_drive=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=i-sabre-k2m
dtparam=spi=on
#dtoverlay=rpi-dac
#dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
#dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=4

-----------------------------------------------

/etc/rc.local

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# moOde audio player © 2014 Tim Curtis
# http://moodeaudio.org
#
# This Program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option)
# any later version.
#
# This Program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
# along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
#
# 2018-01-26 TC moOde 4.0
#

/usr/bin/irexec -d /etc/lirc/lircrc

SQLDB=/var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db

# set cpu govenor
RESULT=$(sqlite3 $SQLDB "select value from cfg_system where param='cpugov'")
echo "$RESULT" | tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor

/usr/bin/udisks-glue > /dev/null 2>&1
/var/www/command/worker.php > /dev/null 2>&1

exit 0

/home/pi/spdif.sh

#!/bin/bash
# Audiophonics
if [[ `amixer sget -c 0 'I2S/SPDIF Select' | grep Item0: | awk '{print $2}' ` == *I2S* ]]

then amixer sset -c 0 'I2S/SPDIF Select' SPDIF

else amixer sset -c 0 'I2S/SPDIF Select' I2S

fi
(11-27-2018, 01:41 PM)kit1cat Wrote: Started with a fresh moode 4.3 image. Screen and Dac working but still no luck with the remote. Below is a list of the mod's I made to the various files. Perhap's I missed something? Not sure were to go from hear? Like I said before remote is working under Volumio.

/etc/modules

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

spi-dev

lirc_dev
lirc_rpi gpio_in_pin=4

-------------------------------------------

/boot/config.txt

disable_splash=1
hdmi_drive=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=i-sabre-k2m
dtparam=spi=on
#dtoverlay=rpi-dac
#dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
#dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=4

/etc/rc.local

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# moOde audio player © 2014 Tim Curtis
# http://moodeaudio.org
#
# This Program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option)
# any later version.
#
# This Program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
# along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
#
# 2018-01-26 TC moOde 4.0
#

/usr/bin/irexec -d /etc/lirc/lircrc

SQLDB=/var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db

# set cpu govenor
RESULT=$(sqlite3 $SQLDB "select value from cfg_system where param='cpugov'")
echo "$RESULT" | tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor

/usr/bin/udisks-glue > /dev/null 2>&1
/var/www/command/worker.php > /dev/null 2>&1

exit 0

/home/pi/spdif.sh

#!/bin/bash
# Audiophonics
if [[ `amixer sget -c 0 'I2S/SPDIF Select' | grep Item0: | awk '{print $2}' ` == *I2S* ]]

then amixer sset -c 0 'I2S/SPDIF Select' SPDIF

else amixer sset -c 0 'I2S/SPDIF Select' I2S

fi

make sure you copy all files into /etc/lirc and replace the original ones! This is crucial

</marquee>