Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bluetooth Headphones
(11-30-2018, 09:06 AM)UpsiUps Wrote: In general it should work out of the box: I tried it with my Sony WH-1000XM2 and it worked fine. Maybe one hint: headphones normaly only connect to one source. So I needed to disconnect the headphones from my iPhone and then put in visible mode again.
Then moode-bt -> scan device, moode-bt-> pair device , moode-bt-> connect device and finally moode-bt -> switch mdp from local to bt

Another hint: I have disabled the volume during my S/PDIF connection to the speakers.So when switching to BT, the volume control switch to software back and is down to zero and needed to be increased to hear something.

(03-09-2021, 07:39 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:21 PM)wmoecke Wrote: Hi, I cannot get audio from moode to my BT headphones. I did all of the above, the phones are paired, then connected, then the UI says "Bluethooth". When I hit the play button, audio still comes out of the speakers, not the bluetooth headset (although it is reported as connected and the headphones also report as connected).

When I pair a BT audio source (such as a CD player with BT capability) it connects to moode and when I get the UI saying "Bluetooth" moode reproduces the audio coming from the source. But not the other way around.

I don't know what else to do.

Before leaving the Bluez Config page did you take the final step of setting MPD Audio output -> Bluetooth?

Attached is a screen-capture example where I had scanned, paired with, and connected to a Plantronics headset I happened to have on hand. Once connected, I switched the output to Bluetooth.

Regards,
Kent

I only see the first option, the other dropdowns don't appear.

From your screenshot I take you must be in a version higher than mine or something, because I am running 4.2 or 4.1 (not sure). I guess this is a feature introduced afterwards or something.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:What you allow is what will continue.

(03-09-2021, 08:43 PM)wmoecke Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 09:06 AM)UpsiUps Wrote: In general it should work out of the box: I tried it with my Sony WH-1000XM2 and it worked fine. Maybe one hint: headphones normaly only connect to one source. So I needed to disconnect the headphones from my iPhone and then put in visible mode again.
Then moode-bt -> scan device, moode-bt-> pair device , moode-bt-> connect device and finally moode-bt -> switch mdp from local to bt

Another hint: I have disabled the volume during my S/PDIF connection to the speakers.So when switching to BT, the volume control switch to software back and is down to zero and needed to be increased to hear something.

(03-09-2021, 07:21 PM)wmoecke Wrote: Hi, I cannot get audio from moode to my BT headphones. I did all of the above, the phones are paired, then connected, then the UI says "Bluethooth". When I hit the play button, audio still comes out of the speakers, not the bluetooth headset (although it is reported as connected and the headphones also report as connected).

When I pair a BT audio source (such as a CD player with BT capability) it connects to moode and when I get the UI saying "Bluetooth" moode reproduces the audio coming from the source. But not the other way around.

Before leaving the Bluez Config page did you take the final step of setting MPD Audio output -> Bluetooth?

Attached is a screen-capture example where I had scanned, paired with, and connected to a Plantronics headset I happened to have on hand. Once connected, I switched the output to Bluetooth.

Regards,
Kent

From your screenshot I take you must be in a version higher than mine or something, because I am running 4.2 or 4.1 (not sure). I guess this is a feature introduced afterwards or something.

You might want to think about upgrading Smile
(03-09-2021, 09:30 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 08:43 PM)wmoecke Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

You might want to think about upgrading Smile

I might not - years of custom code changes and improvements to throw out the window. I might one day get a different sd card and try it - see if it's worth keeping and migrating all my custom stuff.

Quote:What you allow is what will continue.

@wmoecke

By my count, there have been nearly 2550 commits to the github repo since the release of moOde 4.2. That's a lot of goodness to pass up but it's your system so do what you like.

Whatever you decide, please from now on tell us what release you are running when you post an issue. 

Regards,
Kent
(03-10-2021, 12:35 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Whatever you decide, please from now one tell us what release you are running when you post an issue. 

And also remember that no one has committed to any support of anything other than the latest version.
----------------
Robert