Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Amazon music
Hi, Tim and all people who are envolved in the Moode Audio project. Is there any plan to integrate Amazon Music like Tidal?
How are u currently using Tidal in moOde?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-24-2018, 11:52 AM)TeeGee Wrote: Hi, Tim and all people who are envolved in the Moode Audio project. Is there any plan to integrate Amazon Music like Tidal?

The official Amazon position (as least as recently as this September) as posted by one of their moderators in response to a query on their developer forum:

Quote:Regrettably, there are no APIs for Amazon Music to be used from 3rd party apps.
(11-24-2018, 01:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: How are u currently using Tidal in moOde?

I'm not currently using Tidal, but I have seen some entries in Moode Audio. If I got it not wrong I would be able tor hear Tidal or Qobuz with Moode Audio if I have got an account, right?
(11-26-2018, 08:57 AM)TeeGee Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 01:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: How are u currently using Tidal in moOde?

I'm not currently using Tidal, but I have seen some entries in Moode Audio. If I got it not wrong I would be able tor hear Tidal or Qobuz with Moode Audio if I have got an account, right?

Yes, but there's a minor catch. These music streaming services are handled in moOde's UPnP-client mode. 

This mode turns moOde into a UPnP Media Renderer. 

You'll need another app on some other device which serves as your UPnP Control Point. For example, I use an app called BubbleUPnP a lot on my Android phone. There are others.

Google is your friend if the UPnP terminology is unfamiliar to you.

Regards,
Kent
(11-26-2018, 12:56 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 08:57 AM)TeeGee Wrote:

Yes, but there's a minor catch. These music streaming services are handled in moOde's UPnP-client mode. 

This mode turns moOde into a UPnP Media Renderer. 

You'll need another app on some other device which serves as your UPnP Control Point. For example, I use an app called BubbleUPnP a lot on my Android phone. There are others.

Google is your friend if the UPnP terminology is unfamiliar to you.

Regards,
Kent

I'have tried this with Qobuz and BubbleUPnP and it works fine for me (with a test abo). This would be great if this works for Amazon Music too. Unfortunately Amazon gives its API not free. This could be the reason why BubbleUPnP has not Amazon Music implemented.
Regards, Thomas
A couple of points:

1) A Github project aiming to provide access to Amazon Music has actually been started, though I have no idea what the status of this is.  It may well be very early days, but perhaps one to watch - see: https://github.com/Jaffa/amazon-music

2) While BubbleUPnP comprises some very good Android UPnP apps and the BubbleUPnP Server, which can enhance the capabilities of UPnP/DLNA protocol, Moode's ability to act as a UPnP renderer based on MPD is actually provided via 'Upmpdcli', as developed by Jean-Francois Dockes - see: https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/ and https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/.  Perhaps confusingly, both BubbleUPnP and Upmpdcli can provide access to Tidal and Qobuz.  Apparently, however, Upmpdcli can also enable access to Spotify and Google Play Music.  Who Knows, Jean-Francois Dockes may be interested in including Amazon Music in the future as well..