Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Displays... displays....displays.....
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
Hi moOde fans,
(11-27-2018, 04:28 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Hi all,

There have been already some threads on this forum on how to connect and program certain displays to the wonderful Raspberry Pi family:
Examples:
- The LCD/OLED topic by Remy1961
- The RaspDAC Mini topic by Rikardo
- The OLED Spectrum topic by Adrii
- ….

I also want to hook up a display to my RPi system. And as everybody knows you can connect a 7" display directly (or even some 5" displays) but they all give you the HDMI output, meaning you have to follow the layout Tim and his team have set up. Nothing wrong with that, on the contrary, it is one of the best (if not thé best) layout I have seen.
But still, I would like something different on one of my other RPi's (already have the Audiophonics kit with the 9038 and the 7" display)

So, I was thinking...is there anybody who knows how to hook up a graphical display, size 3.5" or 5" or so, and display only the CD cover of the song that is playing, in full size (complete width of the display, usually 320 or 480 pixels). I'm not interested in those tiny 1.3" or 0.95" displays. It has to be bigger :-)
Displays link the Elegoo for the Arduino, wouldn't that be possible?

Thx,
Johan

Looking very interested for your (positive) reactions…

Here everything is described
https://www.hackster.io/tinkernut/diy-vi...-pi-bc3322
Hi moOde fans,
(11-27-2018, 04:28 PM)JST1963 Wrote: ...
I also want to hook up a display to my RPi system. And as everybody knows you can connect a 7" display directly (or even some 5" displays) but they all give you the HDMI output, meaning you have to follow the layout Tim and his team have set up.

Hi, Johann.

There is nothing in moOde which forces one to use a local HDMI display only to show the moOde UI. That's a configuration choice. However, someone has to write some software to do what you want, just as was done for those other display projects you referenced. 

Regards,
Kent
Hi moOde fans,