Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Newbee - Use Moode on "pur" RPi 3B+
@Sniglar

I haven't had time to explore what the "right" answer should be, but I have a hack which works.

I received the WMA files you sent. I repro'ed your experience trying to play them over BT to my JBL speaker. 

I was, however, able to play them by turning on SOX resampling with the setting 16bit/*kHz. (When I went back to the MPD settings later, it showed 16bit/88.2 kHz)

Here's moOde's "Audio info" for the first track

Code:
INPUT PROCESSING
Source:     SDCARD/4 Non Blondes WMA/What's Up- [UK CD Single]/01 What's Up-.wma
Encoded at:     bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo, WMAV2
Decoded to:     24 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo, 192 kbps
DSP OPERATIONS
Resampling:     n/a
Crossfeed:     n/a
Equalizer:     n/a
Crossfade:     n/a
Other:     n/a
Chip options:     none
Volume ctl:     Software (MPD 32-bit float with dither)
OUTPUT STREAM
Destination:     Bluetooth
Encoded at:     16 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo, 1.411 mbps
AUDIO DEVICE
Device:     On-board audio device
Chip:     Broadcom SoC
Interface:     SOC

Curiously, the "Encoded at:" line doesn't report a bit-depth, which according to mediainfo is 16-bit.

Maybe someone better versed in the decoding/resampling technology can shed some light on this. Otherwise, I have to hit the books.

Regards,
Kent
@TheOldPresbyope

Thank you for this simple and effective hack, my music is now working with BT 

Regards

Steve
(01-02-2019, 06:35 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Sniglar

I haven't had time to explore what the "right" answer should be, but I have a hack which works.

I received the WMA files you sent. I repro'ed your experience trying to play them over BT to my JBL speaker. 

I was, however, able to play them by turning on SOX resampling with the setting 16bit/*kHz. (When I went back to the MPD settings later, it showed 16bit/88.2 kHz)

Code:
INPUT PROCESSING
Source:     SDCARD/4 Non Blondes WMA/What's Up- [UK CD Single]/01 What's Up-.wma
DSP OPERATIONS
OUTPUT STREAM
AUDIO DEVICE

Curiously, the "Encoded at:" line doesn't report a bit-depth, which according to mediainfo is 16-bit.

Maybe someone better versed in the decoding/resampling technology can shed some light on this. Otherwise, I have to hit the books.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

It's due to bugs in avprobe, the util thats currently being used to get the info. I'm switching back to mediainfo util for moOde 4.5 now that the mediainfo flac bug apparently has been fixed in 18.12 :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-02-2019, 10:10 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 06:35 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Sniglar

Code:
INPUT PROCESSING
DSP OPERATIONS
OUTPUT STREAM
AUDIO DEVICE

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

It's due to bugs in avprobe, the util thats currently being used to get the info. I'm switching back to mediainfo util for moOde 4.5 now that the mediainfo flac bug apparently has been fixed in 18.12 :-)

-Tim

Is there any outlook, when 4.5 will be available ? For now I am using the wired connection for all ( in: source through eth and out: through hifiberrydigipro+ with cinch connection) But I would give a second MoOde Player a try without any HW extension to connect to the boxes - once the release is available :-)
Should be released at end of this month :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub