Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Where to login Google music
(03-30-2020, 03:13 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Lttlwing16

The upmpdcli and gmusicapi code is open-source. You can post a pull request to JFDockes (Mr. Upmpdcli) to upgrade his code to use api.oauth_login() and include the extra credentials in upmpdcli.conf. Once this is committed, Tim can modify the moOde UPnP Config page and database to include those credentials too. 

Keep in mind Google has been saying for over a year that "we eventually plan to replace Google Play Music with YouTube Music." Granted, "eventually" is proving to be an elastic concept.

Like I said, I no longer use Google Play Music so I can't help test any variant of gmusicapi. I recall that when I did use it, I had trouble with device ids even with single-factor authentication.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent,

It was a command error on my part (first time i've messed with python!) I needed to omit the <> around the device id. After issuing the correct command I now have the gmusicapi returning TRUE for my auth, login, and status. 

Next step is to see how to integrate with Moode. I've been looking over the code for upmpdcli (https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli/-/...ins/gmusic) and am wondering if I just modify the gmusic-app.py code to just pull the deviceid and session.py for the oauth_login method if it indeed will work in moode through upmpdcli.

Thanks,

David
(03-30-2020, 03:13 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: The upmpdcli and gmusicapi code is open-source. You can post a pull request to JFDockes (Mr. Upmpdcli) to upgrade his code to use api.oauth_login() and include the extra credentials in upmpdcli.conf. Once this is committed, Tim can modify the moOde UPnP Config page and database to include those credentials too. 

I've heard back from the dev of upmpdcli, and said " I am quite willing to fix this, but I am a bit swamped. Hopefully I'll be able to get into it in the next few days." 

So there is that. I'll continue to tinker on my machine and see if I can get some headway!
(04-01-2020, 03:53 PM)Lttlwing16 Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 03:13 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: The upmpdcli and gmusicapi code is open-source. You can post a pull request to JFDockes (Mr. Upmpdcli) to upgrade his code to use api.oauth_login() and include the extra credentials in upmpdcli.conf. Once this is committed, Tim can modify the moOde UPnP Config page and database to include those credentials too. 

I've heard back from the dev of upmpdcli, and said " I am quite willing to fix this, but I am a bit swamped. Hopefully I'll be able to get into it in the next few days." 

So there is that. I'll continue to tinker on my machine and see if I can get some headway!

That's great. Thanks for doing this.

Regards,
Kent
Good news, the developer of upmpdcli has updated the code to now use the oauth login method for gmusicapi, and I have confirmed it working on my Moode system. That said, the process to get things going is a bit of command line work. Not sure if Tim will want to implement these changes into moode so the command line is not needed, but would require some modifications on his side.

Here is how I got it working: 

downloaded the entire .../cdplugins directory: https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli/-/...Fcdplugins
unzipped and navigated to the .../cdplugins directory. 

Mounted my moode system in linux (shutdown, ejected the card, loaded into my manjaro machine)

and

replaced the existing /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins directory with the one downloaded above

unmount the moode system and reboot moode in the rpi

Navigated to the gmusic section of moode, and left all boxes blank, *except for oauth in the username section and 320 as the quality. I left all other boxes blank. 

*ssh'd into moode from a terminal on my pc ( I couldn't get shell in a box to follow a weblink, or copy it out to the browser) then: 

Code:
cd /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/gmusic/

Code:
python3 gmusic-init-oauth.py ~/gmusic-mobile.cred

Then follow the link, authorize, and paste the code from the browser into the terminal, and hit enter.

Next: 

Code:
sudo mkdir /var/cache/upmpdcli/gmusic

Code:
sudo cp ~/gmusic-mobile.cred /var/cache/upmpdcli/gmusic/

Code:
sudo chown -R upmpdcli /var/cache/upmpdcli/gmusic

I then restarted UPNP renderer within moode, and voila, finally access to my gmusic account, through Upnp renderer within moode via Bubbleupnp on my Pixel 2.
I tip my hat to you  Smile

Regards,
Kent