Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

DNLA Album Art Support
Does the current Moode3 DLNA support album art in png format? 

I've got a mix of png and jpg art files, none embedded, and AFAIKT all the pngs are being ignored. 

I've had a general Google around and it appeared minidlna was late to the png party and I was beginning to think probably not...

I went in and edited the /etc/minidlna.conf file to add a line:
album_art_names=Cover.png/cover.png

Then I rebuilt the DB/restarted DLNA, but with no effect. 

Suggestions anyone? 

Oh, BTW the 4.3 as an image is rather spiffy, well done all concerned...
Looking at the latest 1.2.1 sources it would appear that only .jpg is supported.
https://sourceforge.net/p/minidlna/git/c...albumart.c

minidlna version in moOde is a bit older

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ minidlnad -V
Version 1.1.6
pi@rp3:~ $
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Well that's not friendly :-) I'll have to see just how many files I'm going I'd have to replace but it's probably quite a lot. It's kinda irritating tho because some sources of good quality images only supply png.

Is it possible to install Java 8 on moode??? I could run a copy of MinimServer instead of minidlna. I'm using it in another project and if you only want to serve music it's very good.
Ok, a quick prod around and Java+Minimserver looks to install and run just fine. I've got some testing to do, but I'm sorta optimistic about it. I'm happy to reinstall every time I have to do a Moode upgrade if that's what it requires...
Thats cool :-)

I'd switch from miniDLNA to Minimserver in moOde's build but last I looked the Minimserver license prohibited redistribution...

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Yes. the redistribution thing is a killer. I can see the author gets more control (or at least the feeling of it) but it hampers uptake. Did you contact him to ask if he'd be agreeable?
No, I haven't contacted him but I think the question has already been asked many times over the years.
Enjoy the Music!
I don't use moOde's DNLA-server feature and wouldn't have noticed this failure to serve .png art simply testing that the miniDLNA server shows up in smbtree scans from other hosts.

Couldn't Minimserver be pulled into an end-user's system in an extra install/configure step after moOde is booted, either automagically or manually (analogously to gmusicapi)? Granted this would require Internet access but so do other steps such as a moOde update.

As I read the license, this approach doesn't appear to violate any of its terms. The end user gets minimserver just as if they had installed themselves; all moOde is doing is configuring it.

Regards,
Kent
I suppose it would be similar to getting gmusicapi i.e., via a user initiated download from the product owners repository.

The challenge is that there are so few requests for improved DLNA server that Im not sure how much TODO list priority it can get.
Enjoy the Music!
(12-03-2018, 06:39 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I suppose it would be similar to getting gmusicapi i.e., via a user initiated download from the product owners repository.

The challenge is that there are so few requests for improved DLNA server that Im not sure how much TODO list priority it can get.

Maybe just wait for a HowTo posted by someone who has made it work?