Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Tidal stop working
Hello,

I have  issue with Tidal. Sometimes songs stops. If I click status bar backwards or forwards songs continue playing. I checked log during this issue. Please see below. I use Rasbery pi 3B+ and Allo Digione 1.2. Now I use Moode 4.4 but I had this same problem with 4.2 version. I thought that maybe its some problem with internet. But everytging else working good. Also my internet operator changed me modem, wirres and internet socket. Any ideas?

Dec 15 00:06 : player: Decoder is too slow; playing silence to avoid xrun
(12-15-2018, 12:09 AM)andykrk Wrote: Hello,

I have  issue with Tidal. Sometimes songs stops. If I click status bar backwards or forwards songs continue playing. I checked log during this issue. Please see below. I use Rasbery pi 3B+ and Allo Digione 1.2. Now I use Moode 4.4 but I had this same problem with 4.2 version. I thought that maybe its some problem with internet. But everytging else working good. Also my internet operator changed me modem, wirres and internet socket. Any ideas?

Hi, @andykrk

This error message was the subject of an MPD issue  (https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/issues/206) in the context of streaming a particular radio station and of a moOde forum post (http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=142) in the context of the clock radio function. Network performance was suggested as a possible cause in both cases, but no smoking gun was found and there was no satisfactory solution posted.

It's interesting to me that this specific error message has been "disappeared" in more recent versions of MPD with the explanation that it should be up to individual decoders to decide what to do, not the player they feed into. Not exactly a solution either.

As it happens, I just played Tidal playlists via upmpdcli for three hours---a total of 32 tracks---and suffered no stuttering, stoppage, or error messages.

Regards,
Kent
Its strange because online radio stations working good. I played online radio more than 70h without stoppage. Spotify also working good and files from hard disk.
(12-18-2018, 03:06 PM)andykrk Wrote: Its strange because online radio stations working good. I played online radio more than 70h without stoppage. Spotify also working good and files from hard disk.

Since it's possible for different communication protocols and different decoders to be exercised using these different sources, different behavior is possible. Unfortunately, knowing this doesn't solve your problem. 

At this point, I don't have a practical suggestion to offer. Perhaps someone else does.

Regards,
Kent