Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Upsampling Background
Meaningful benefits to SoX upsampling to 32/384 for me: virtually all of my recordings (16/44.1) now sound excellent and there is a substantially less margin of improvement in the sound of SACDs (ripped DSF files). Before SoX, I was looking to acquire more SACDs, now not so much.
Little bit late to the party, but @rongon says: "To compensate, I enabled SoX upsampling, setting it to 32bit/384kHz. (Too bad it can't automatically upsample to 352.8kHz for 44.1kHz/88.2kHz source files and 384kHz for 48kHz/96kHz source files.)"

Another nice benefit is that a rounded multiplier only use 50% CPU resources, see the stat in the article below.

If you don't mind a little dirty work it is possible to patch MPD to adhere a fixed multipler like 352.8kHz for 44.1kHz/88.2kHz source files and 384kHz for 48kHz/96kHz.
See moOde with MPD Selective Resample and gitrepo dddac1794build. Patches available foor Moode for 6.5.x
Any way of upsampling non MPD audio? Spotify?
(06-18-2020, 05:01 PM)bitlab Wrote: If you don't mind a little dirty work it is possible to patch MPD to adhere a fixed multipler like 352.8kHz for 44.1kHz/88.2kHz source files and 384kHz for 48kHz/96kHz.
See moOde with MPD Selective Resample and gitrepo dddac1794build. Patches available foor Moode for 6.5.x

This is interesting, and very much an audiophile friendly feature, too bad Max is being, well, Max about it.
Was a PR ever submitted to MPD repo?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Tim Curtis will send you a pm about it.
As interesting as I find this possibility of selective upsampling according to the original sample frequency, I am afraid that my experience says that bypassing the chip filters by upsampling to 384kz  is the best option to my ears. Limited by the ravages of time and a misspent youth I am afraid but augmented by miracles of technology called hearing aids.  (BTW - highly recommended for those of you of an age) Way back in this thread, Rongon mentions that it is possible to turn of the chip filters - great idea but have never seen it in config. With this, the selective re-sampling might present a great possibiulity but for now, bypassing ANY filter gives the best result for me.
MG
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB