Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Radio station name not showing
If I play radio stations that are included in Moode, in the playlist it shows the station name and on the right hand side under the logo it shows the song name and station name.

If I play a radio station I have created myself, in the playlist it shows the station name as "Radio station" and on the right hand side under the logo it shows the song name and "Unknown station".

Whilst my memory may not be good, I believe in previous versions of Moode it would correctly show the station name.  I have checked my pls files and they are good.  

Is this issue peculiar to me?
(12-18-2018, 01:25 PM)Morias Wrote: If I play radio stations that are included in Moode, in the playlist it shows the station name and on the right hand side under the logo it shows the song name and station name.

If I play a radio station I have created myself, in the playlist it shows the station name as "Radio station" and on the right hand side under the logo it shows the song name and "Unknown station".

Whilst my memory may not be good, I believe in previous versions of Moode it would correctly show the station name.  I have checked my pls files and they are good.  

Is this issue peculiar to me?

Once moOde begins playing the station's stream, the Playback panel should update with metadata included in the stream. If the station doesn't send metadata, then moOde can't update the screen.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent, thank you for considering this issue.

If I add to a playlist a radio station included with Moode without setting it to play the playlist displays the station name.  Therefore the station name is displayed regardless of the stream as the stream hasn't been started.  This doesn't happen with a station I create myself.  That is, if I add  a radio station to a playlist that I have added to Moode, it shows "Radio station" rather than the name of the station.

Further, if it is correct that once a stream is started the station name is taken from the stream, if a stream doesn't contain the station name I think it would be good to default to the station name the user has created in the PLS file rather than just saying "Unknown station".