Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Piano 2.1 gpio pinout help needed..
I am trying to connect an i2c back pack and display to the piano 2.1.

Allo have said this can be done using J19 pins for 5v sda scl and ground... Further I have found a post where they say that 3.3 v is available at the #3 & 4 "NC" pins.

All well and good but the pin identification on the board is different to that in their documentation !!! 
See attached screen shots for J19 and note pin 15 & 16 then look at the screen shot of the board and note again pins 15 & 16..???!!!

Anyone tested and can tell me which and where the numbering is for the board..?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

----------
bob
I use 1-5V, 15 or 16 GND, 5- SDA, 7- SCL.
Still doesn't answer the correct pin numbering of J19....as the board and documentation don't match...

and I need 3.3v not 5

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu...-converter
----------
bob
Checked with a multimeter. At pin 6 there is a level of 3.3 V, but this is GPIO 14 Raspberry. It turns out - there is no power 3.3 V per J19.
Figured out the pinout confusion by looking at the J19 pinout for the Allo Boss.  Both the Boss and the Piano 2.1 have J19 out for their Volt amp so should be the same pinouts.

The documentation for the Piano 2.1 is incorrect and has  left and right reversed.

Then checked all voltages and grounds with Multimeter and confirm that pins 2 & 3 are NC and no 3.3v available.

Edit.... all working with 3 x i2c displays :-)
Bread-boarded here......(awaiting Kali and finishing work on the case)
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based...ost5660660
----------
bob
Solved as above.

----------
bob
Night view...
(must be some glitch in the matrix....note the time difference....ugh... how ? )

----------
bob
Thumbs Up 
(01-11-2019, 12:18 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Solved as above.

Excellent!!!  

But; how did you use both displays?   Different address and pydPiper programs???

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Step by step detailed guide would be great (like your previous step by step instructions) @DRONE7
(01-11-2019, 09:01 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Night view...
(must be some glitch in the matrix....note the time difference....ugh... how ?  )

Nice setup 3x i2c, cool  Cool