Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Qobuz
Thank you, but my question is: better AirPlay or UPnP? Anyway I’ll try also mconnect!
(10-04-2018, 06:22 PM)Gervasutti Wrote: Thank you, but my question is: better AirPlay or UPnP? Anyway I’ll try also mconnect!

It depends I suppose, but I think UPnP is probably better for Quboz since it only requires a control point and the playing "bypasses" that control point, airplay would mean the control device (ipad, iphone etc) is actually involved in pushing the music to the renderer. So with UPnP you use your device as a control point but turn it off and the music will still play, with airplay however turn your device off and the music stops. That's my understanding anyway - I could be mistaken.

Also airplay is closed (despite the reverse engineered implementation) but UPnP is an open standard.
And airplay always pushes audio to the renderer, UPnP can either push or allow the player to pull audio from the source depending on the usage. (I don't know for sure but I imagine Qobuz is pushing audio to the renderer?)

It's really down to how you use it and what works best for you. And I suppose if you can find a control point app you like.
Personly I don’t think there’s much difference between the two. But like FizzyTea said they work differently. I like the Qobuz app, but prefer the way Upnp works, and mConnect is a good ap for Upnp.
Thanks a lot, I'm reading something about mConnect now, I'll try it this weekend!!!