Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

mdp.conf overwritten
Tim,

Maybe this has already been discussed, but can you tell me what causes the mpd.conf file being overwritten with the default settings?
I've been playing around with some parameters but I usually end up with a default mpd.conf file (one where my line "metadata_to_use "artist,album,title,track,name,genre,date,composer,performer,comment,disc" has disappeared…
So, almost every time I change something, I have to re-insert this line. At the same time, the song database is being regenerated again aswell…

Johan
 :@
Never mind, I just noticed at the top of the mpd.conf file that is automatically generated by the MPD config page. So I assume, whatever I do in there, replaces my mods…

Solution: stop messing around in that config file, Johan...
It gets regenerated whenever the MPD config screen settings are saved.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Well, yeah, but as an interim hack, the "metadata_to_use" line could be added to /var/www/inc/playerlib.php so it's written to mpd.conf during this automatic generation.

See function wrk_mpdconfig.

Incidentally, I have now explored the mappings between multiple file formats (aac, aiff, asf, flac, m4a, mp3, ogg, wma) / tagging schemes (ID3v2.3/2.4, VORBIS comment, APEv2, WMA, iTunes-like) and the mpd "tags" (MPD 0.20.20 and 0.21.3). I'll post my findings soon to, erm, maybe the FAQs and HowTos section.

Regards,
Kent
Good news is that upcoming moOde 4.5 is based on the super nice MPD 0.21 series and it includes the <metadata_to_use "+comment"> setting in mpd.conf :-)

But MPD 0.21 series has the unresolved Bluetooth output bug which requires a revert to 0.20.20 for Bluetooth speakers :-(

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that...

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-07-2019, 04:55 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Good news is that upcoming moOde 4.5 is based on the super nice MPD 0.21 series and it includes the <metadata_to_use "+comment"> setting in mpd.conf :-)

But MPD 0.21 series has the unresolved Bluetooth output bug which requires a revert to 0.20.20 for Bluetooth speakers :-(

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that...

-Tim

Two days ago, I checked the issue I cross-posted on bluez-alsa and mpd. There's been nothing further since the brief exchange it triggered between Arkq and Max. It's been a month and the holiday season is tailing off. Looks like it's time to ask Arkq if Max's comments illuminated a path forward.

Regards,
Kent
(01-07-2019, 02:52 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Well, yeah, but as an interim hack, the "metadata_to_use" line could be added to /var/www/inc/playerlib.php so it's written to mpd.conf during this automatic generation.

See function wrk_mpdconfig.

Kent

Thx Kent, I added the line somewhere in this function you mentioned (at the end) and it works great!

Code:
……
       $output .= "mixer_type \"software\"\n";                                                                                                            
       $output .= "}\n\n";

// used tags
       $output .= "metadata_to_use \"artist,album,title,track,name,genre,date,composer,performer,comment,disc\"\n";

$fh = fopen('/etc/mpd.conf', 'w');
……
Double...
I'd like to point out that this overwriting still takes place and it causes M.A.L.P. to display multiple albums when it sees tracks in an album which differ by some obscure tag. It displays fine within moode but I don't use the moode interface. It would be nice if this didn't happen, and the workarounds don't seem to be possible any more. I can't see where +comment is being written to metadata_to_use.