Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Best iOs app to control MPD
Hello,

I'm OK to use web-GUI, but maybe there are some more useful tools? Like iOS apps, ideally for iPad and iPhone, both.

Please share your experience.

Thanks.
(01-12-2019, 09:51 PM)mactolinux Wrote: Hello,

I'm OK to use web-GUI, but maybe there are some more useful tools? Like iOS apps, ideally for iPad and iPhone, both.

Thanks.

More useful for what purpose? Every user function is exposed in the web-UI. You can open it in Safari and save it to the home screen. The resulting icon opens into moOde UI as if it were a native iOS app.

Off the top of my head, some possible alternatives are:

• an MPD-client app. Don't know what there is for iOS but for Android the pickings are not very exciting.
  • a UPnP-control point app such as Linn Kazoo or Linn Kinsky. Yeah, they work, but I like the moOde UI better. I use 'em only when I want to play Tidal selections. If you also have other UPnP gear, though, this might be the winning choice.
  • the Spotify app. Sure, this is necessary if you want to listen to Spotify selections via your moOde player but for everything else you still need another app.
  • moOde also works as a LMS Squeezebox renderer so I suppose you could rig up something with an appropriate iOS app. Not my cup of tea.

[Added in post-edit]: None of these alternatives provides all the user functions exposed in the moOde UI.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
I like Soundirox for the ipad, but it needs to reconfigured every time you reboot moode, if you want to see the cover art.
Thanks, I will try it
I was not aware I am able to use any MPD client. For android, i tried this yesterday:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...malp&hl=de
For simple stuff like pausing I now have a widget on my phone, which is really great as it is much faster to reach as starting the web ui (it takes some seconds on my phone until the page is open).
Thanks for pointing this out to me!
I was also a bit disapointed that no MoOde App was available - like e.g. Kodi Remote. BUT:

Just a Tip for iPhone Users: Once your MoOde Player is open in Safari on your iPhone just add it ( by forward to ... ) to your Homescreen and you have your MoOde App on your iPhone. I have not seen such a tip in the description. To make it a bit easier to understand, I have attached a short series of screenshots. While the shots are from a German iPhone, the description is in English.

Thumbs Up 
(01-16-2019, 02:17 PM)UpsiUps Wrote: I was also a bit disapointed that no MoOde App was available - like e.g. Kodi Remote. BUT:

Just a Tip for iPhone Users: Once your MoOde Player is open in Safari on your iPhone just add it ( by forward to ... ) to your Homescreen and you have your MoOde App on your iPhone. I have not seen such a tip in the description. To make it a bit easier to understand, I have attached a short series of screenshots. While the shots are from a German iPhone, the description is in English.

Thanks!  I'm  new user as of today.   This works great. I'm using it on an iPad gen 8 and it is fast. Much faster than Volumio!!

Bob
(01-12-2019, 10:20 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 09:51 PM)mactolinux Wrote: Hello,

Thanks.

More useful for what purpose? Every user function is exposed in the web-UI. You can open it in Safari and save it to the home screen. The resulting icon opens into moOde UI as if it were a native iOS app.

Off the top of my head, some possible alternatives are:

• an MPD-client app. Don't know what there is for iOS but for Android the pickings are not very exciting.
  • a UPnP-control point app such as Linn Kazoo or Linn Kinsky. Yeah, they work, but I like the moOde UI better. I use 'em only when I want to play Tidal selections. If you also have other UPnP gear, though, this might be the winning choice.
  • the Spotify app. Sure, this is necessary if you want to listen to Spotify selections via your moOde player but for everything else you still need another app.
  • moOde also works as a LMS Squeezebox renderer so I suppose you could rig up something with an appropriate iOS app. Not my cup of tea.

[Added in post-edit]: None of these alternatives provides all the user functions exposed in the moOde UI.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent

It's useful to know as Moode web-GUI doesn't work in older iOS devices, like my 4s. Wink

Paul
(04-07-2021, 11:36 PM)grumbleweed Wrote: It's useful to know as Moode web-GUI doesn't work in older iOS devices, like my 4s. Wink
Paul

Uhhh, but with a 4S today you have other security problems. I am sure , when I pull out my first iPad (Version 1) it also will not work Big Grin
Anyhow, it will be also difficult to develop an app for such an old device. Maybe you could use an RPi with touchscreen for MoOde.
@kawaki

...indeed, I can almost see the hackers rubbing their hands with glee... after you've started up your car, hiked the cabin temperature to a nice level, started the automatic de-icing of the car's windows (all from the cosiness of your gadget-laden kitchen) grabbed your office bag / work tools / hunting rifle / fishing rod and opened the front door just in time to see your lovely car speeding away round the street corner...