Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Cover Art problem
Hi,
I have a problem with the cover art...
Let me explain:
When I create a mount of all my albums (on a Synology NAS), a combination of MP3's and FLAC's, they are correctly read, and after generating the cover art, I see all the thumbnails of my collection in the library (example: 1st page in picture01).

I also selected out of this album-library about 4000 songs I really like, and I have copied them in another folder. These songs were stripped down using MP3tag from certain MP3 tags like track, discnumber and some others. I did give them a new tracknumber, the way I want it.
They still have the same cover image to indicate from which album they were extracted.

When I delete the mount with all the albums, and create a new one, with only those 4000 songs, they are also read correctly into the library.

Now, have a look at Picture02. The thumbnails are supposed to be of the "reduced" albums, but they are totally wrong.

However, clicking on one of these thumbnails, does show me the correct cover art with the songs I have chosen (See picture03 as an example)

So, something is definately wrong... I just don't understand where the wrong thumbnails come from... Any ideas?

Johan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

:@
did you regenerate the cover art cache ?
----------
bob
(01-13-2019, 04:46 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: did you regenerate the cover art cache ?

Yes, doesn't help....
View Cache Status says it only processed 8 albums...
OK, I have the impression moOde cannot handle some ways of organizing the library, at least as far as cover art is concerned.

The problem can easily be simulated:
Take as an example 5 songs out of 5 albums and save them in a folder. Make sure they all have an embedded cover image. Also make sure that the release date (tag year) is not always the same. There has to be some difference…
Mount this folder to moOde and generate the thumbnails for them.
You will probably see 6 thumbnails, 5 of which are the same and one for the Stereo Test.
And if you check, you will notice that the thumbnail shown is the one from the song out of the album with the, alphabetically, highest name (ex. T is higher than H).

Even when you now add another song, out of an album with a name higher than the ones in your existing testfolder, and you regenerate the MPD database (not update), and regenerate the Album Cover Thumbnail Cache, you will notice that all thumbnails have changed into the last one (with the higher album name).
Am I doing something wrong here?

J
The Albums by Artist panel assumes the song files are organized under the standard ../Artist/Album directory structure.

The thumbnail generator looks in each Album directory for either a cover image file or an embedded cover to use as the Album cover thumbnail. The last song in the Album directory is used for embedded cover.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-13-2019, 01:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The Albums by Artist panel assumes the song files are organized under the standard ../Artist/Album directory structure.

The thumbnail generator looks in each Album directory for either a cover image file or an embedded cover to use as the Album cover thumbnail. The last song in the Album directory is used for embedded cover.

So a plain list of a bunch of songs together, randomly selected out of some albums, will always give me this result?

That's imo weird because if you look at the result, all the thumbnails on the page, they all represent an album, even though the album is not complete. And you would think that all the songs in one and the same album have the same cover art, then why isn't that image not chosen as the thumbnail. When you click on it, you get the correct cover art anyway…

Johan
Correct. Aggregating just the song files from different Album directories into a single directory will not work with the thumbnail generator. For example

/Album1
   songA
/Album2
   songB
/Album3
   songC

to

/MySongs
   songA
   songB
   songC

would generate a single thumbnail image using the embedded cover in songC. The thumbnail image file would be named using an md5 hash of the directory containing songC i.e. "MySongs" and then stored in the the thumbnail cache on the server.

/var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache/f5c7deeda0ca0ff60afe9205ef4e504b.jpg

In the client Browser, the covers displayed on the Albums by Artist panel are derived by again computing the m5 hash of the directory containing the song and then forming this into a URL

http://moode//imagesw/thmcache/f5c7deeda0ca0ff60afe9205ef4e504b.jpg

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(01-13-2019, 05:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Correct. Aggregating just the song files from different Album directories into a single directory will not work with the thumbnail generator. For example

/Album1
   songA
/Album2
   songB
/Album3
   songC

to

/MySongs
   songA
   songB
   songC

would generate a single thumbnail image using the embedded cover in songC. The thumbnail image file would be named using an md5 hash of the directory containing songC i.e. "MySongs" and then stored in the the thumbnail cache on the server.

/var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache/f5c7deeda0ca0ff60afe9205ef4e504b.jpg

In the client Browser, the covers displayed on the Albums by Artist panel are derived by again computing the m5 hash of the directory containing the song and then forming this into a URL

http://moode//imagesw/thmcache/f5c7deeda0ca0ff60afe9205ef4e504b.jpg

-Tim

Hmmm…. and what if I just have a bunch of singles?....

So, the solution to this would be not to select songs out of the albums, but to copy the complete structure and instead of selecting songs I want, I better delete the songs I don't want. Thus keeping the artist/album structure intact, correct?

Johan
Right, the Album directory must exist even if there is only one song in it.

Why not just create create Playlists instead of moving/copying song files?
Enjoy the Music!
(01-13-2019, 07:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right, the Album directory must exist even if there is only one song in it.

Why not just create create Playlists instead of moving/copying song files?

Yeah, maybe…. Stuff for me to think about…
But one of the reasons is that I don't have to take 75000 songs (over 1TB) with me on a HD (for at the office)

At least I have several workarounds, so OK or me  Cool