Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode on two different players
What's the best way to handle Moode if I have a player with one I2S DAC at home and another with a different I2S DAC at work? Am I going to have to go into the settings and change the DAC choice each time I want to use Moode?
Hi, so you're switching the I2S dacs every time you move the player?
I would get a seperate pi if it were me, but you could have seperate sd cards.
You're not going to maintain the same play queue that way if you're playing local music, if all you do is stream tidal via UPnP, or spotify etc the queue is manitained on your phone, so just use seperate sd cards.

Also, why not just take the complete work unit home or the home unit to work?
(02-15-2021, 07:32 PM)grasshopper Wrote: Hi, so you're switching the I2S dacs every time you move the player?
You're not going to maintain the same play queue that way if you're playing local music, if all you do is stream tidal via UPnP, or spotify etc the queue is manitained on your phone, so just use seperate sd cards.

I'll have two players. Both are Pi's.  Neither will be hooked to a NAS, router, or local network. The one at home is a headless unit with a 7" screen that I'll soon be hooking to a USB DAC. I run it into my HI-Fi system and pull music off a HDD directly attached to it or Apple Music from my phone.
The one at work is a dedicated hybrid tube headphone amp I'm finishing building that houses a pi-Zero, DAC hat, two power regulators and the tube amp all in a 6x9x2" box and runs off a wall-wart. It can access music either through an attached USB HDD or flash drive and stream Apple Music from my phone.
I'm not gonna lug either one back and forth as that's the point of having two.
The one at home currently uses an IQaudio Hat and the one for work will just have a Justboom ZeroDac (not looking for high quality with it).

I'm just speaking of using Moode on my phone. I'm assuming it won't automagically recognize one DAC over the other depending if I'm at home or at work?
Your Pi's are on separate networks so http://moode from your phone will be connecting to different Pi's and their respective audio devices.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-15-2021, 08:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your Pi's are on separate networks so http://moode from your phone will be connecting to different Pi's and their respective audio devices.

Thanks much.
(02-15-2021, 07:56 PM)Blooze Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 07:32 PM)grasshopper Wrote: Hi, so you're switching the I2S dacs every time you move the player?

I'll have two players. Both are Pi's.  Neither will be hooked to a NAS, router, or local network. The one at home is a headless unit with a 7" screen that I'll soon be hooking to a USB DAC. I run it into my HI-Fi system and pull music off a HDD directly attached to it or Apple Music from my phone.
The one at work is a dedicated hybrid tube headphone amp I'm finishing building that houses a pi-Zero, DAC hat, two power regulators and the tube amp all in a 6x9x2" box and runs off a wall-wart. It can access music either through an attached USB HDD or flash drive and stream Apple Music from my phone.
I'm not gonna lug either one back and forth as that's the point of having two.
The one at home currently uses an IQaudio Hat and the one for work will just have a Justboom ZeroDac (not looking for high quality with it).

I'm just speaking of using Moode on my phone. I'm assuming it won't automagically recognize one DAC over the other depending if I'm at home or at work?

No, I wouldn't lug them around either.  Now I understand your scenario just connect your phone to the same network as the respective pi & save a browser shortcut to each device on your home screen, it's what I do here.  You won't have to change anything.
I have headphone based set ups with usb dacs & a little tube amp, then another headphone setup with an E1DR usb dac, then another feeding my speaker setup using a Raspdac mini.
I just flick between them all.
If you have to use http://IP_ADDRESS then two shortcuts would be needed otherwise if using host name i.e., hitp://moode then only one shortcut should be needed.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub