Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No driver options available for USB DAC
            Hi, I'm new to Moode. I have Release: 4.4 2018-12-09 running on Pi3B+ and ssh'd in by laptop on my home network. Updated software by SSH. Under Audio Config. I selected I2S as None and rebooted. Under Driver options I get "None available" When I booted I had already connected and powered up an ARCAM IR DAC II.  How do I select drivers for this and other external USB DACs I want to connect?
 I am not Linux savvy so I hope there is a solution that I can apply with the ssh interface.

Regards, Craig

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi, Craig.

You're so close....

On the Audio Config page go down to the MPD section and click on the MPD options "EDIT options" button. 

When the MPD Config page opens, select "USB audio device" in the Device type. Save and you should be set.

Note that the "USB audio device" choice won't show up unless there's a USB device present.

Regards,
Kent

[Added in post edit] PS - In the normal course of affairs, there is no need to SSH to moOde. Tim's UI handles pretty much everything we throw at it.
(01-20-2019, 09:44 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Hi, Craig.

You're so close....

On the Audio Config page go down to the MPD section and click on the MPD options "EDIT options" button. 

When the MPD Config page opens, select "USB audio device" in the Device type. Save and you should be set.

Note that the "USB audio device" choice won't show up unless there's a USB device present.

Regards,
Kent

[Added in post edit] PS - In the normal course of affairs, there is no need to SSH to moOde. Tim's UI handles pretty much everything we throw at it.
(01-20-2019, 11:33 PM)elmago40@aol.com Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 09:44 PM)Thanks Kent, When I went to the MPD page I had already done that but still no DAC options in the drop down.So I tried a bunch of  refresh & reboots and decided to try one of the radio stations.  After raising the volume in Moode I saw the usb signal light come on on my Arcam DAC and I was getting music.  So maybe what you suggested worked. Or maybe turning the volume up did the trick (or both)  I\ve connected three dacs so far and got signal. Now I'm streaming Tidal via Bubbleupnp from my phone to Moode through UPNP and listening to my Focusrite Scarlett audio interface (kind of surprised it worked because I believe the Focusrite uses unusual drivers). My puzzlement is why there are still no drop down options for DAC drivers. It just seems to automatically recognize the DACs and had no issues with hot swaps between them.  McIntosh C48 is the next DAC in line for me to try this evening.Regards, Craig Wrote: Hi, Craig.

You're so close....

Regards,
Kent

What drop down are u referring to?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub