Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Kodi alongside MoOde
Why not run moode and kodi on separate sd cards and switch between them?

https://thepihut.com/products/2-in-1-sd-...spberry-pi
(09-26-2020, 10:10 AM)ATE-666 Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 10:15 PM)vinnn Wrote: @retrosan
I'm curious, if you're running Kodi why do you need Moode?
Just use Libreelec and be done with it.

As far as I can tell, it's because Kodi is not that great for music. If it was, you all would probably use that instead of MoOde.

Kodi alongside MoOde is a need that some people have, and it could actually be the best Raspberry Pi setup for multimedia.

In fact, as I previouvsly wrote, I tested Kodi alongside MoOde, and the two applications can coexist, even on my old Raspberry Pi 2B. The only issue is when Kodi launches: if the sound device is not being used by MoOde, then Kodi blocks it.

I still hope that somebody sees this thread and can suggest some workaround.

Kodi is fine for music... and video, TV, photos etc. It's just that Kodi is media centre software designed to be used with a TV.
Moode is primarily designed to a headless music player for Hi-Fi systems (i.e. without a TV).

Presuming you have a TV/display hooked up to your Pi in order to be using Kodi there's not much reason to be trying to run Kodi on Moode, you're just making things hard for yourself.
(09-26-2020, 11:26 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Why not run moode and kodi on separate sd cards and switch between them?

https://thepihut.com/products/2-in-1-sd-...spberry-pi

Thanks for the suggestion, but they both should be on all the tme.
I am trying to avoid to have another RPi, another charger and another Ethernet cable in my sitting room (one RPi for MoOde and the other for Kodi). But in case that would be better than having to reboot to change from video to music.
(09-26-2020, 03:56 PM)vinnn Wrote: Kodi is fine for music... and video, TV, photos etc. It's just that Kodi is media centre software designed to be used with a TV.
Moode is primarily designed to a headless music player for Hi-Fi systems (i.e. without a TV).

Presuming you have a TV/display hooked up to your Pi in order to be using Kodi there's not much reason to be trying to run Kodi on Moode, you're just making things hard for yourself.

1. My setup is a RPi with an added Hifiberry DAC. Already making that hardware setup work (music to the Hifiberry output, audio of everything else to the HDMI) is problematic. And it's because of how Kodi is designed.
  2. There is not a single Internet radio addon that is capable to output to the Hifiberry.
  3. Listening to Internet radios on Kodi means to make some manual tweaks on the system. The result is ok, but MoOde is better.
  4. The volume cursor is not handy in both the web interface and in Kore (the Android offical Kodi remote app).
  5. Kodi does not use the MPD engine. Therefore I cannot easily connect my smartphone to my Kodi music library to play it on it.
In principle the coexistence of MoOde and Kodi would mean to have something that is designed for music playing music and something deisgned for video playing video. The first connected to my hifi system, the second to my TV.