Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Copy audio files to the SD card on Windows PC?
Hi, everyone,

Is it possible to copy audio files to the Moode SD card on Windows PC? 
On Windows 10 I can't see extended partition on SD card. 
Should I use some special software?
Linux File Systems for Windows by Paragon Software will allow you to do this.

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/linuxfs-windows/#
(01-23-2019, 01:33 PM)kit1cat Wrote: Linux File Systems for Windows by Paragon Software will allow you to do this.

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/linuxfs-windows/#

Thank you! 
I will try.
moOde posts the following Samba sharepoints. They should show up in Network Neighborhood or whatever its called these days.

NAS
Playlists
Radio
SDCard
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-23-2019, 02:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde posts the following Samba sharepoints. They should show up in Network Neighborhood or whatever its called these days.

NAS
Playlists
Radio
SDCard

The OP said 'Windows 10" so the likelihood is they won't show up. We've been over some aspects of this in other threads but Western Digital said it well concerning their NAS products: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/deta...windows-10

I've not had great success with the Windows 10 network browser after (re)enabling SMB 1.0 support.

What works without fail for me with Windows 10 even with SMB 1.0 support disabled is to enter the server name directly into the network address bar, e.g., \\moode <return>  brings up the sharepoints Tim enumerated (and now moode shows up in the left-hand bar even though the browser didn't discover it).

Regards,
Kent

PS- I use Windows 10 (it's a dual-boot Linux/Windows host) only when I have to because certain applications don't run well or at all in Wine. It's quite possible there are adjustments which can be made to its configuration but I'd don't care to spend time ferreting them out.
(01-23-2019, 07:50 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 02:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde posts the following Samba sharepoints. They should show up in Network Neighborhood or whatever its called these days.

NAS
Playlists
Radio
SDCard

The OP said 'Windows 10" so the likelihood is they won't show up. We've been over some aspects of this in other threads but Western Digital said it well concerning their NAS products: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/deta...windows-10

I've not had great success with the Windows 10 network browser after (re)enabling SMB 1.0 support.

What works without fail for me with Windows 10 even with SMB 1.0 support disabled is to enter the server name directly into the network address bar, e.g., \\moode <return>  brings up the sharepoints Tim enumerated (and now moode shows up in the left-hand bar even though the browser didn't discover it).

Regards,
Kent

PS- I use Windows 10 (it's a dual-boot Linux/Windows host) only when I have to because certain applications don't run well or at all in Wine. It's quite possible there are adjustments which can be made to its configuration but I'd don't care to spend time ferreting them out.

I would NOT recommend SMB1 any longer from a security point of view. I just tried it in my VM with Windows 10 (fresh install) and it worked out-of-the-box. I even have no discovery enabled. So opening up the explorer -> click on "My PC" and you will see all drives etc. Then "connect to network ... " I assume share or drive ( My system is a German one)  and you should be able either to browse with \\mymoodehw.home.whatever\ or direct with the name of above mentioned shared.
So a SMB1 is not needed - instead I added also the line "min server protocol SMB2" to /etc/samba/smb.conf to ensure that SMB1 is not supported.
Remember that you might use MoOde with on an RPI with Wifi as AP enabled - so people would be able to hack your audio player
Maybe a difference between Windows 10 edition---Home vs Pro etc? 

This is not the first time I've found that something which is true on my Windows 10 Home system on my home network with my collection of hosts running various services turned out not to be true in someone else's situation.

I will resist the urge to comment on Windows 10 issues in future. I'm here for the music.

Regards,
Kent
(01-25-2019, 05:35 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Maybe a difference between Windows 10 edition---Home vs Pro etc? 

This is not the first time I've found that something which is true on my Windows 10 Home system on my home network with my collection of hosts running various services turned out not to be true in someone else's situation.

I will resist the urge to comment on Windows 10 issues in future. I'm here for the music.

Regards,
Kent

Yeah, that may be - I am using Windows Home N. But I would wonder if the Pro Edith would have trouble to connect to SMB Shares. Anyhow, you are right: this is for MoOde and Music , not for Win Troubleshooting. It is just to mention: In a standard setup of Windows , with a good network setup , it should work out-of-the-box Big Grin
Wink 
(01-25-2019, 09:13 PM)UpsiUps Wrote:  But I would wonder if the Pro Edith would have trouble to connect to SMB Shares.

On MoOde,.. don't know.... on Tinder,... perhaps ?  Wishing Edith and Sam a very happy future... Wink
----------
bob