Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Go gently its my first time
Hi. I am interested to try Moode, I see that there is not an installer and I have to build it. Happy to get my fingers dirty but I really am quite new to PI. I am comfortable using ssh, and have used volumio etc before so I am not utterly new.

However here is my first hurdle. How the rapsianstretch onto the microsd to get things started. I assume its not simply drag and drop. I have only ever used rufus to install an img onto the card.

If someone could point me in the direction on that then I am sure I can battle on with the instructions for the build.

Cheers
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
(04-17-2018, 08:38 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 08:20 PM)garethsnaim Wrote: If someone could point me in the direction on that then I am sure I can battle on with the instructions for the build.

Cheers

Hi,

It is actually pretty simple. I used "Win32DiskImager" to transfer "Raspbian Stretch Lite release 2018-03-13" to a µSD card.
Once copied, put it in the RPi, boot from it, log in (User=pi, PW=raspberry) and the enter the commands from Tim's website:

1. Download Builder version 2.4

Code:
cd /home/pi
sudo wget -q http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/mos/mosbuild.sh -O /home/pi/mosbuild.sh
sudo chmod +x /home/pi/mosbuild.sh

2. Start the Builder

Code:
sudo ./mosbuild.sh

Follow all the instructions carefully and let it run on it's own (can take up an hour) and certainly don't interrupt...

Done....

Johan

Hi. The link to the version on the moode website downloads a folder with contents I dont think I can use windisk to install that it needs to be and .img or .iso?
(04-17-2018, 08:50 PM)garethsnaim Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 08:20 PM)garethsnaim Wrote: If someone could point me in the direction on that then I am sure I can battle on with the instructions for the build.

Cheers

Hi,

It is actually pretty simple. I used "Win32DiskImager" to transfer "Raspbian Stretch Lite release 2018-03-13" to a µSD card.
Once copied, put it in the RPi, boot from it, log in (User=pi, PW=raspberry) and the enter the commands from Tim's website:

Code:
cd /home/pi
sudo wget -q http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/mos/mosbuild.sh -O /home/pi/mosbuild.sh

2. Start the Builder

Code:
sudo ./mosbuild.sh

Follow all the instructions carefully and let it run on it's own (can take up an hour) and certainly don't interrupt...

Done....

Johan

Hi. The link to the version on the moode website downloads a folder with contents I dont think I can use windisk to install that it needs to be and .img or .iso?

its a zip archive so you have to unzip (unpack) it first
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(04-17-2018, 08:56 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:

Cheers

Hi,

Code:
cd /home/pi

2. Start the Builder

Code:
sudo ./mosbuild.sh

Done....

Johan

Hi yes I do that, but its a folder after that, not an .img file or a .iso file. Sorry if I am being a plank, can win32idsk create a bootable system from a folder?
(04-17-2018, 08:56 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:

Cheers

Hi,

Code:
cd /home/pi

2. Start the Builder

Code:
sudo ./mosbuild.sh

Done....

Johan

or use etcher which can read the zip file
@garethsnaim

You're not being a plank, it's just that the Button labelled 'Download Moode' is not what you need! Confusing isn't it!
Instead, download Raspbian Stretch Lite, burn the img file to a sd card and create an empty text file with the name ssh.
Then boot up, ssh in and proceed as described above.
The 'Builder Guide' under 'Support' on the Moode page gives all the instructions.
Ahah! that would be it then, and can I use the latest version of raspien stretch or do I have to use the version mentioned?

Cheers
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
@garethsnaim

It's safest to use the version mentioned if it's still available.
I think 2018-03-13 is the latest anyway.