Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to raise Bluetooth volume when streaming to Moode
Streaming audio via Bluetooth to Moode, wondering how the volume can be raised.

The downstream volume control on the Amp is set to a value which serves radio stations and local music fine. However, incoming Bluetooth audio is on quite low volume. The streaming source is an Android device. Here the Bluetooth media volume is set to maximum already.

As long as a Bluetooth input device is paired no access to Moode's volume is possible. And I assume Bluetooth volume is even independent from it. Is there a config parameter for Bluetooth volume on config file basis available?

Setup: 
Android phone --> Pi 4 (Usb Dac, Moode 6.5.2) --> Amp with Volume control
Right, Bluetooth volume is separate from MPD volume and it's controlled entirely from the client app. All moOde does when a BT connection is established is set ALSA volume to 100% (0dB).

Maybe there are 2 volumes on your client, the player app volume and the client master volume ??
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Unfortunately not. There is only an equalizer available, making things even worse.
But thank you for the confirmation that ALSA volume is set automatically during Bluetooth active.
Hello,

I was wondering if you've found a solution to this issue.

I stream BT audio from my Android phone to Moode + Pi3B and have pretty much the same problem. With my phone's volume at 50% the Moode output is barely above a whisper. I need to jack it up to 90-100% to have any chance of making out what I'm hearing from BBC Sounds.

I've tried messing with the Android developer options and poking about in the alsamixer but made no progress. The only thing that works (in a ham-fisted type of way) is to install a volume booster app. Is it just a failing of the Android OS or is there a less cumbersome way to bring the DB output up to an audible level?
moOde sets ALSA volume to 100% when accepting a BT connection. The client app is responsible for setting the audio volume. If you have confirmed that ALSA volume is 100% and still have low audio volume even at high volume settings in the client app then the issue is in the client app or client OS.
Enjoy the Music!
Hi everyone! I'm on latest Moode version and had the same problems: BT vol jumps at 100% and there's no way to lower it if not by terminal using alsa-mixer.
I found no solution, but a great workaround by using a triggerhappy compatible usb volume knob.
That just does the job Smile !
You should never have to do anything with ALSA volume for Bluetooth connections. The volume for Bluetooth is controlled entirely on the client app.
Enjoy the Music!
(01-29-2021, 07:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You should never have to do anything with ALSA volume for Bluetooth connections. The volume for Bluetooth is controlled entirely on the client app.

Hi Tim! I paired a BT audio transmitter dongle to my Moode Raspy 2b, and every time it connects, volume jumps at 100% and that dongle has no volume settings/control as cell phones have. That's why I was using alsamixer. This is before I got an happytrigger knob. Now everything is manageable  Smile Smile Smile
Is moOde acting as a BT receiver or sender? I'm trying to understand if there is a usage scenario that could be better handled in the code.

You should post a link to the product.
Enjoy the Music!
Hi Tim, first of all, thanks!
moOde is acting as a receiver and the sender is this one:
https://avantree.com/privaiii-bluetooth-...ter-for-tv
When pairing, it's recognised as "CSR Audio Dongle", even if googling for CSR Audio Dongle reveals it's a small bt adapter.