Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Flac errors in system info, moode 5
(04-19-2019, 07:38 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 06:59 PM)kit1cat Wrote: Thanks Tim, I have both embedded cover art and folder.jpg in the album folder and never really had a problem displaying cover art.

I will try completely re-tagging a couple of albums and see if that makes a difference.

I was hoping metaflac might tell you if *any* of the FLAC blocks are broken. FLAC files consist of blocks, with each block type containing different information, including, of course, your audio stream. See https://xiph.org/flac/format.html.

Another command-line tool in the flac package is, you guessed it, flac. Among its options is '-t' or '--test'. The man page says the action for this option is "Test a flac encoded file". I always assumed this tested only the encoded stream, which has a builtin checksum. I don't have any corrupted files like yours so I can't say if it tests all blocks.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent, managed to install metaflac on my pi, can't for the life of me work out how to mount my NAS drive, took me ages to get it to work in moode.

In moode it shown has ZyXEL(192.168.1.144) but I need to manually enter 192.168.1.144/Music to get moode to recognize it.

Windows maps it as  music (\\NSA310) (YSmile

I have removed all tags, embedded art and folder.jpg from the Black Sabbath album, leaving just the file names, but the errors are still showing.

Looks like the only answer to this problem is to get a fresh copy.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Flac errors in system info, moode 5 - by kit1cat - 04-19-2019, 01:28 PM
RE: Flac errors in system info, moode 5 - by kit1cat - 04-20-2019, 01:51 PM