Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Volume is glitchy when increased quickly
(12-20-2019, 06:37 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: But seriously, my guess is you are in effect "flooding" the system by holding the volume button down. This might be confusing the routine which decodes the IR-pulses and converts them to commands and/or confusing the code which responds to the commands.
My first thought. But the fact that volume down works fine proves that it's not the case.
(12-20-2019, 06:37 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I'll hazard another guess that the regulator was introduced so that users didn't inadvertently drive their system to 100 percent volume with consequential physical damages.
Yeah, it's obvious to me why it works like that. The problem is, this should only apply when the volume is controlled via the web ui.
Also, this is not a very common behaviour for a volume control, IMO there should be an option to disable it.

(12-20-2019, 07:13 PM)TookaFace Wrote: I had those kind of problems with my IR remote, so i enabled UPNP volume sync feature, it's way better that way with my installation:
Thank you! Now it works like a charm

Messages In This Thread
RE: Volume is glitchy when increased quickly - by waffle - 12-20-2019, 11:10 PM