Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Spotify Connect does not play audio on Moode 6.5.2
Since you're not adverse to poking playerlib.php in the eye with a sharp stick, how about first being a little more subtle ( Tongue ) by  asking it to tell you what it's thinking.

Go a bit farther down to lines 2176-2177

Code:
               ' > /dev/null 2>&1 &';
               //' -v > /home/pi/librespot.txt 2>&1 &'; // r45a debug

and edit them to instead read

Code:
               //' > /dev/null 2>&1 &';
               ' -v > /home/pi/librespot.txt 2>&1 &'; // r45a debug

Save playerlib.php and restart moOde for good measure.

Now you can monitor the file /home/pi/librespot.txt while you try connecting and playing with your Spotify app. You'd need this information in any case to post an issue on the librespot repo. (Note there's a lot of output including possibly some error messages unrelated to your issue. We're looking specifically for messages that suggest unexpected stops/disconnects. Note also you'll probably want to reverse the change after testing.)

I neglected to add that I'm also successfully streaming to moOde/librespot from the Spotify Web app on my Linux laptop.

The preponderance (or, rather, lack) of evidence on my end suggests we're not dealing with a librespot bug but "never say never."

Perhaps unrelated, entering "Galaxy S9 Spotify problem" into my favorite search engine gets back a ton of hits.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spotify Connect does not play audio on Moode 6.5.2 - by TheOldPresbyope - 06-05-2020, 08:27 PM