Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Modding moOde: restrict access to config pages
(07-23-2018, 12:53 PM)FizzyTea Wrote:
(07-23-2018, 05:20 AM)Highsider Wrote: ...
I think, this is a very specifific usecase.
But perhaps it is usefull for peoply with curious kids.
Even better would be a kiosk mode, which completly hides some menu entries... but didn't try to implement it, yet.

I think this is pretty cool. I have a potential usage scenario in mind, a bit similar to Highsider's usage scenario, a guest-room audio player. Guests connect to a guest WLAN and can access the player but we don't want them to access and change settings. It's something I have previously briefly considered and this mod would make it viable.

Same here. 

I could use it as a music player for the high school drama club I mentor. I could patch a moOde player through the sound board. The weeks-long drudgery of constructing and painting sets would be lightened by music, especially if the kids get to choose tracks via moOde and my music service subscriptions.

They're teenagers. If there's a way to screw up the configuration, they'll find it. Inveterate button pushers, all of them Undecided

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modding moOde: restrict access to config pages - by TheOldPresbyope - 07-23-2018, 01:40 PM