Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5.0 RC1 In-Place Update
I’m having issues trying to get Moode to see my WiFi and turn off its AP in moode-r50-rc1-21.

I have used the same setup routine as usual, and going back to my Moode 4.4 SD card works fine no matter how many times I switch between Moode’s AP and back to WiFi.

The only difference I can see under the Network options in moode-r50-rc1-21, is for the UK the drop-down selection says United Kingdom (UK). Moode 4.4 in that same area says Britain (UK). I’m just wondering if between the changes something was missed and Moode is no longer detecting the UK frequency bands, so keeps its Access Point mode active, instead of switching to WiFi?

I’ve made sure the region options are all correct. Have reflashed the SD card just to be sure, and I nust cannot get it to link up to our WiFi. Going back to my 4.4 card and all is fine.

Cheers,

John.
(05-02-2019, 03:13 PM)JohnM73 Wrote: ...
The only difference I can see under the Network options in moode-r50-rc1-21, is for the UK the drop-down selection says United Kingdom (UK). Moode 4.4 in that same area says Britain (UK). I’m just wondering if between the changes something was missed and Moode is no longer detecting the UK frequency bands, so keeps its Access Point mode active, instead of switching to WiFi?
Tim reworded the choice based on other user input.
Either way, the moOde configuration process should have set "country=GB" in your /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file. You can examine the file from the command line (note the use of "sudo")
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
#########################################
# This file is automatically generated by
# the player Network configuration page.
#########################################

country=GB
I got this after selecting "United Kingdom (UK)" in my moOde r5.1 player (but I'm in US so can't test further).
Regards,
Kent
Thanks for your help Kent.

Had to log in via Moode's AP, using Terminal on my iMac. I get the following:

country=GB
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
ssid="24GHZHIDDENB162DB"
scan_ssid=1
psk="PASSWORD HIDDEN"

Even though Country appears correct above, I just cant get it to switch out of AP mode and use WiFi.
}
(05-02-2019, 05:00 PM)JohnM73 Wrote: Thanks for your help Kent.

Had to log in via Moode's AP, using Terminal on my iMac. I get the following:

country=GB
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
ssid="24GHZHIDDENB162DB"
scan_ssid=1
psk="PASSWORD HIDDEN"

Even though Country appears correct above, I just cant get it to switch out of AP mode and use WiFi.
}

Well, the preamble is correct and the syntax of the network clause is ok. 

When you click on the SSID scan-button on the Network config page do you get back a scrollable list of APs including "24GHZHIDDEND162DB" (or whatever your AP's SSID really is)? 

Did this problem begin with rc1 or was it already present with r5.0?

I don't see anything in the release notes for r5.0 which would suggest a place to look.

Regards,
Kent

PS - bet you forgot that moOde now has a built-in Web SSH Terminal feature. You can start a command line session right from your browser. Look under Local Services on the System config page.
@JohnM73 - You might want to check your Router's WiFi logs to see if there are any errors from MAC address of the Pi thats trying to associate. Also make triple sure the SSID and password are correct. 

On moOde you can verify that the correct wireless regulatory domain is being used via the cmd below

Code:
iw reg get

Here is an example from one of my systems

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ iw reg get
global
country US: DFS-FCC
       (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
       (5170 - 5250 @ 80), (N/A, 23), (N/A), AUTO-BW
       (5250 - 5330 @ 80), (N/A, 23), (0 ms), DFS, AUTO-BW
       (5490 - 5730 @ 160), (N/A, 23), (0 ms), DFS
       (5735 - 5835 @ 80), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
       (57240 - 71000 @ 2160), (N/A, 40), (N/A)

And here is the wireless config

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ iwconfig
wlan0     IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"AirnetN5"  
         Mode:Managed  Frequency:5.745 GHz  Access Point: 60:A4:4C:29:FA:D4  
         Bit Rate=150 Mb/s   Tx-Power=31 dBm  
         Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
         Power Management:on
         Link Quality=49/70  Signal level=-61 dBm  
         Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
         Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

lo        no wireless extensions.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks very much for the suggestions Kent & Tim. Will look into this further over the weekend.

Kent just to answer one of your questions yes it happens with R5.0 too. Each version on separate Sandisk SD cards. Currently back to 4.4 which works flawlessly in regards to the WiFi.

John.
Several days ago I reported having trouble with 5.0 syncing music stored on a Synology NAS. I decided to go back and try again last night. Used a formatted fresh sd card / 5.0 RC1 image on Rpi3 device and still get only a small % of the albums to synch. What is even more bizarre is that the albums that do synch are not the same when I re-gen the library. For instance the attempt there were 270 albums and the other only 68 albums. So I put fresh 4.4 image on the same sd card and setup the UI as usual. After 30-35 minutes there were 1680 albums in the library, no mpdignore issues. I then repeated that same process with a different sd card / 4.4 image on a another Rpi3. Same result after 3-35 minutes the library had 1680 albums. I have not seen any postings with same / similar issue so I must conclude that my NAS/wifi combination and 5.0 are not compatible. 

If any one has a solution or suggestion please let me know, otherwise will stick with the much loved 4.4. Thanks
Which version of MPD: 0.20.20 or 0.21.6?

Examine the mpd log for errors

cat /var/log/mpd/log
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-03-2019, 07:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Which version of MPD: 0.20.20 or 0.21.6?

Examine the mpd log for errors

cat /var/log/mpd/log

I have been using the 0.21.6 version.

Looking through MPD log seems like within a particular album some songs synch while others don't. Many Albums no songs synch.

Code:
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/info/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/60 - Take Me.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/96 - Spring Reprise.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/07 - One Night In A Lifetime.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/47 - Love Will Always Find You.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/17 - I Feel Love [12'' Single].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/44 - I Don't Wanna Get Hurt [12'' Version].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/84 - By Myself Again.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/75 - Mr. Music.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/31 - Winter Melody.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/55 - This Time I Know It's For Real.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/50 - Try Me, I Know We Can Make It.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/14 - Lucky.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/52 - Heaven Knows.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/18 - Last Dance [Promotional 12'' Single].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/100 - Breakaway.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/99 - Love's About To Change My Heart.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/48 - I Will Go with You.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/40 - People, People.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/56 - I Remember Yesterday.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/12 - My Baby Understands.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/27 - She Works Hard For The Money.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/71 - Whispering Waves.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/95 - Autumn Changes.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/93 - That's The Way.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/67 - Dance Into My Life.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/41 - Can't We Just Sit Down [And Talk It Over].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/63 - Once Upon A Time.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/77 - The Queen Is Back.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/85 - Bring Down The Reign.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/30 - Don't Cry For Me Argentina.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/13 - Our Love.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/92 - Dream A Lot's Theme [I Will Live For Love].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/83 - Science Of Love.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/08 - Can't Get To Sleep At Night.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/36 - Rumour Has It.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/69 - [Theme] Once Upon A Time.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/01 - Hot Stuff.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/03 - Love Will Always Find You.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/02 - Bad Girls.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/68 - Sweet Romance.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/98 - Melody of Love [Wanna Be Loved].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/66 - Working The Midnight Shift.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/21 - Bad Girls [12'' Single].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/folder.jpg/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/24 - No More Tears [Duet with Barbra Streisand] [12'' Version].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/33 - Bad Girls.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/34 - I Do Believe [I Fell In Love].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/35 - No More Tears [Enough Is Enough] [Feat. Barbara Streisand].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/97 - Any Way At All.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/06 - Journey To The Centre Of Your Heart.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/05 - Dim All The Lights.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/74 - Stamp Your Feet.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/11 - All Through The Night.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/78 - Fame [The Game].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/49 - Lucky.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/38 - With Your Love.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/86 - Theme From The Deep [Down Deep Inside].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/39 - My Baby Understands.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/94 - Summer Fever.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/20 - Hot Stuff [12'' Single].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/90 - Dinner With Gershwin.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/54 - I Don't Wanna Get Hurt.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/57 - Love's Unkind.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/72 - Pandora's Box.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/46 - When Love Takes Over You [12'' Version].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/64 - Fairy Tale High.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/42 - Could It Be Magic.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/73 - Full Of Emptiness [Reprise].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/88 - Love Is In Control [Finger On The Trigger].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/26 - Love To Love You Baby.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/43 - This Time I Know It's For Real [12'' Version].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/10 - There Will Always Be A You.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/89 - State Of Independence.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/23 - Dim All The Lights [Promotional 12'' Single].flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/59 - Spring Affair.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/79 - Sand On My Feet.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/51 - I Love You.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Jimmy Reed/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Jimmy Reed/The Vee-Jay Years 1953-1965/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/Jimmy Reed/The Vee-Jay Years 1953-1965/Jimmy Reed - Vee-Jay Years - Disc 5/.mpdignore': Input/output error
May 03 17:44 : update: added NAS/Curated/Jimmy Reed/The Vee-Jay Years 1953-1965/Jimmy Reed - Vee-Jay Years - Disc 5/19 - I'm Trying To Please You.flac
May 03 17:44 : update: added NAS/Curated/Jimmy Reed/The Vee-Jay Years 1953-1965/Jimmy Reed - Vee-Jay Years - Disc 5/20 - Five Long Years.flac
May 03 17:44 : update: added NAS/Curated/Jimmy Reed/The Vee-Jay Years 1953-1965/Jimmy Reed - Vee-Jay Years - Disc 5/04 - You Can't Hide.flac
May 03 17:44 : update: added NAS/Curated/Jimmy Reed/The Vee-Jay Years 1953-1965/Jimmy Reed - Vee-Jay Years - Disc 5/02 - Let's Get Together.flac
@Onionhead

So we're back to the same kind of output I was questioning on 4/22.

Now we know you have a Synology NAS (which have been a challenge for some folks to configure). Are you using SMB or NFS as your file-sharing protocol? 

It looks like you have the following directory branch on your NAS 

Code:
Curated/Donna Summer
Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection
Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/info

The first three lines of the output you posted say MPD tried to open a file named ".mpdignore" at each level. It threw an input/output error each time, which in normal conditions means a disk error.

Then, in the subdirectory

Code:
Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection

we start seeing the entries I questioned before:

Code:
Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/.mpdignore
                                   ^^^^^^
                 Is this directory entry real? It seems artificial.

Curated/Donna Summer/The Collection/@eaDir/60 - Take Me.flac/.mpdignore
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                     I'm willing to bet this is a name of your FLAC file
                     and not the name of a directory

I've never seen this behavior before with my open-source NASes whether using SMB or NFS, and attempts to search the web on the key points gets me hits on your posts here but not on any posts to, say, an MPD-related forum. There was an issue posted to MPD a long time ago about MPD ignoring the .mpdignore file (talk about irony!) using NFS.

The output is suggestive but I'm hesitant to call this an MPD bug without knowing more about the Synology NAS code. Sadly it's proprietary.

1) can you try again with MPD 0.20.20?

2) I'm just gropping in the dark, but can you post the output from the following command?

Code:
ls -lR /mnt/NAS/Curated/Donna\ Summer/

You can cut it off after the "The Collection" subdirectory if there are more at the same level.

Note the use of the backslash to make this work from the command line.

Regards,
Kent

[Added]

PS - You said

Quote:Looking through MPD log seems like within a particular album some songs synch while others don't. Many Albums no songs synch.

If "The Collection" is an album where no songs synch, could you also post the ls -lR output for an album subdirectory where some songs sync and some don't?