Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Queue size affects now playing screen performance
Sooo, here's an update. I assumed that browser performance is negligible compared to hardware performance in this situation and I was wrong.
I have Moode web UI as a Chrome shortcut on my home screen, that's what I usually use to view it. Today I randomly opened it with my daily driver, Kiwi browser (Chrome clone with more customization), and I noticed that the now playing screen loaded much faster! I decided to test a bunch of browsers and here are the results:
Chrome - 50s
Kiwi - 19s
Samsung browser - 15s
Jelly - 17s (stock browser for LOS ROM I use)
Dolphin - 17s
Firefox - 5s (Winner!)
Opera - 50s + an annoying "tab not responding" popup window (Loser)
I tested each browser multiple times and the loading times were very consistent.

That said, I still think that if there are a lot of tracks in the queue it should only be loaded when you try to view it. Now playing screen is the most used part of web ui for some users and waiting 10s for it to load can be annoying. I'm not trying to complain here, I don't use web UI that much anymore. I just think will make Moode a better experience and is worthy to be somewhere on a to-do list Smile

(12-21-2019, 12:42 AM)vinnn Wrote: Another thing, you could also use an mpd client on your phone like mpdroid instead of the web interface. It wont be heavy on the processor, it just won't be quite as featureful.
Thanks for the tip btw, I've been using MPDroid since and it works great

Messages In This Thread
RE: Queue size affects now playing screen performance - by waffle - 01-12-2020, 03:34 AM