Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Upmix Stereo Signal to play on all speakers of a 5.1 system
(02-03-2020, 08:32 PM)MichelGauss Wrote: ........snip................... My problem: I'm using a 5.1 Audio card (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi USB) and a corresponding speaker set. Installing it worked like a charm and out of the box, however, since the system is a 5.1 system, audio is only played on three speaker (left+right and bass) but I would love to have stereo sound automatically upmixed so that it plays on all 6 speakers at the same time.
It seems that there is no corresponding function in Moode audio, at least I haven't found one. A solution would be to manually edit the ALSA configuration, however I don't think that this is a good idea and would definitivly prefer to have an "integrated" solution. Any ideas? ...........snip...........................

Honestly I'm not sure that this is a 'problem' as there's no point of playing 'stereo sound' through a 5.1 speaker system without detracting from the quality of the sound... the 'timing and soundstage' mentioned by @vinn will be affected by the audio waves cancelling each other in the middle area of the speaker set-up. The sound would need to be 'edited' hence waving 'goodbye' to the conception of 'bitperfect playback'... IMHO

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upmix Stereo Signal to play on all speakers of a 5.1 system - by CallMeMike - 02-04-2020, 06:58 AM